Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Boat Thief Nabbed

SVO 540
    Heys Guys,
    Thought I would give you all a brief update.
    It was me, SVO 540 and my boat, El Diablo that was stolen and later recovered.
    I had hand surgery last thursday (it is a bitch to type) and everything went well, although it was just over 4 hours in surgery. I will be in a cast for another 5 weeks. I shattered the bones in my right hand that support my pinky and ring finger. They were plated, screwed and wired back together. Not sure if the hardware will be removed in the future.
    The suspect has a peliminary hearing tomorrow. I will keep you posted as this case progresses through the justice system. He did not post bail which was 65K. I believe that means $6,500 cash to get out. He does have some prior arrests, mostly driving without a license.
    Does anyone know how I could get a copy of the mug shot? Is that public information?
    I heard there was a write up in the local paper. How could I get a copy?
    Some have asked if I paid my bill at Barley Brothers. I didn't, but someone else from our party picked up the entire tab. If you ever want to get out of paying, this is one way to do it.
    The lesson learned, is not to leave your keys in your boat. Had I taken my keys with me, this whole mess might have been avoided.
    Another detail not in the police report was the boat that appeared with 3 guys on it as I was fighting with the suspect. The boaters came up to me and told me "That's enough" and then just left as to get out of there before the police arrived. I have wondered if that boat was involved in some way and was going to be used to ditch my boat in the tulies and provide the suspect with a ride back to town. Anybody have any stories about this theft procedure?
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all. Just needed some time to deal with my hand.
    SVO 540 - OUT

Sherpa
    OMG the report is hilarious................
    The key is in the mail box-!
    man, you showed ALOT mre restraint than I would have...........
    a mere "bump" of the throttle, and it's fishbait time for calvin.......
    --Sherpa...lab-finished, sharpened, surface-drive stainless steel cleaver prop
    action baby!

socaldj1
    Congrats on getting the boat back!!!
    I had finally talked my wife into our first night ride at Havasu. We had no more pulled out of the Nautical and just reached the bouy line, when this boat with no lights comes screamin across the lake. It then must have stalled because it got real quiet till another boat comes screamin through the no wake zone. It was just dark enough we couldn't see either boat. All we could think about is if it like this in the no wake wait till we get to the middle of the lake it's going to be really nuts. Glad the rest of our night run was quiet or I'd never get to go again.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567