Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm sure most will know this boat

rivrrts429
    richard, looked like a good time. see you guys friday??
    You won't see me this weekend, but you will Labor Day. I'll see you then.

FOURQ
    It went good. Boat ran great and wife digs it. I'm going to post up some pics later tonight or tomorrow. Damn...alot of people asking if it was Shawn's old boat, I had to say yes alot Met alot of good people who filled me in more on the history on it. One thing is for sure.....I HATE WAKEBOARD BOATS AND THEIR WAKES but water was good for the most part. Definitely stoked on the buy I got. Already making a list for winter time. I'll be back out Labor day and we can meet up. Are you bringin the youngblood this time?
    Shawn - Sorry I didnt call, I had it sitting in the water at the launch ramp running trying to track down little oil leaks most of the time. I never want to see the inside of that Napa in town again But I got them fixed and now I can try getting the set up working right. Really appreciate all the input. I had the family there and they just wanted to cruise this weekend. I want to make a solo trip and work on the set up only. Cant do shit with them wanting to go sit in the cove every two minutes I'll call ya in the coming weeks.
    glad to hear your happy with it .. what was the oil leak???? no problem just give me a call and we can hook up to set her up....so wash she setup like Scott said?? BAD?

dmontzsta
    Crazy to see that boat pop up. I know Shawn went through everything on that boat right before he sold it, I am still in shock over him selling it after all that work.

rivrrts429
    glad to hear your happy with it .. what was the oil leak???? no problem just give me a call and we can hook up to set her up....so wash she setup like Scott said?? BAD?
    Just little stuff. The pan started leaking real bad and then the gauge started showing 5 psi of oil pressure @ 4k rpm but kept bouncing between 70psi and 10. I think the sending unit on the block might be failing or I hope . I'm going to try and put a mechanical unit on it and it should be more accurate. I'm going to run it on the hose this weekend. I ran it from the upper dam cove all the way back down to Big River with the gauge bouncing back and forth. I thought that if it started making noise I could buy my wife all forged internals for Xmas
    The set up wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but like I said I never really got to mess around with some faster passes. My wife and son were with me most of the time. The few runs I did make the boat ran really well but felt like it ran wet. I asked my wife to video some passes so I could see it better but turns out she was busy talkin when I was drivin It loves to porpoise (sp.) between 3000-3400rpm. Have you ever had a straight snoot on it? I'm definitely going to need your help with the ride plate and cavs. You built a great boat and got alot of compliments this weekend. It still has more in it just with messin around with the set up. My buddy was doing 60 on gps and I cruised by him pretty easy going down river. All in all I love it and was very happy.
    By the way - I met Mike (green and white jet). Way good people and he knew the boat well. If Mike is on the boards, thanks for the input and your boat looks like its headed for the moon

rivrrts429
    Here are a few pics from this weekend. I have more but will upload later. Don't worry shawn, the CLM decals are already gone

Nucking futs
    The CLM stickers made the boat. Now its just a pile....
    Mike is on the boards as Rivertard. Hes known for his insane wheelies.
    If you want some original SWTD stickers pm moneysucker here on the boards. He made all my stickers and they are off the hook. He can make any color you want. All the SWTD porpose at a certian rpm. I hate it as well but im sure you can get most of it out with a Place diverter. We always ran fixed nozzles on them but im leaning toward one for mine. Im building a nice SKI BOAT right now. Hopefully it will get wet this year.
    Where is the set up at now? Also If it has that cut loader in it, that need to go first, I think Shawn had mentioned that earlier. I loved driving that boat,can't wait for mine to be done.

rivrrts429
    The CLM stickers made the boat. Now its just a pile....
    Mike is on the boards as Rivertard. Hes known for his insane wheelies.
    If you want some original SWTD stickers pm moneysucker here on the boards. He made all my stickers and they are off the hook. He can make any color you want. All the SWTD porpose at a certian rpm. I hate it as well but im sure you can get most of it out with a Place diverter. We always ran fixed nozzles on them but im leaning toward one for mine. Im building a nice SKI BOAT right now. Hopefully it will get wet this year.
    Where is the set up at now? Also If it has that cut loader in it, that need to go first, I think Shawn had mentioned that earlier. I loved driving that boat,can't wait for mine to be done.
    I think the cut loader is in it, I will check tonight. I'm curious to know how it will run with a place diverter, kinda expensive item to just try out but I can't see why it wouldn't be good. To me the set up isn't to far off. I want to mess with the ride plate and plates. They're to far up, I need to go the other way and come down with them a couple degrees from 0. Once I get there I think I can mess with wedge. Its a package I need to learn more. Its my first tunnel so I'm taking baby steps. My other jets were pretty easy and v bottoms. Its all just little stuff that takes time but I still want its potential with the current motor package. I had a perma smile all weekend long, even when I'm dropping wrenches in the water at the boat launch
    I will PM Moneysucker and order up a couple
    Thanks Tim and I now have you and your brother on speed dial if I need help

Nucking futs
    Acutally I think you need to go up on the ride plate. I think it was at 2* up. Start the tunnel plates @ 0 I would also recomend a Backcut shoe and get rid of the taper shoe thats in it. It will take some time to dial it in but she will come around.

rivrrts429
    More pictures of this weekend

rivrrts429
    Acutally I think you need to go up on the ride plate. I think it was at 2* up. Start the tunnel plates @ 0 I would also recomend a Backcut shoe and get rid of the taper shoe thats in it. It will take some time to dial it in but she will come around.
    Damn, I love this site. Reaching my goal on this boat just got alot easier. This is goin to cost me a hell of alot of beer...so what do you drink so I can be sure to stock it for Labor day

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast