Thread: Rock River, Wisconsin

DUCKY
    Any of you guys run fast boats on the Rock River in Southern WI?
    My Dad bought a place up there, and is somewhat concerned about the local law enforcement's habits and pet peeves. He wants to take his v-drive up there next summer.

WishIknew
    Guess you won the battle ????? there is no exemtion from good work!!!!!

J bonz
    If you mean wisconsin I am curious myself

P-Money
    We run on the Rock in Beloit WI (lived on it for 15 years) and around Lake Koskonong. Got a ticket in the hydro in Beloit, granted we were running zoomies dry. Cops aren't out all the time, only on the weekend occasionally.
    Where did you dad buy and what kinda boat does he have. We'd love a few more fast boats in southern WI.

taylormanss
    you guys need to post some pics from up there in the great white north.

DUCKY
    Here is a pic of my Dad's boat. That's me driving. Kinda low quality since it's a "pic of a pic". But you get the idea.....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/SSPX0020.JPG

P-Money
    Over the past 10 years my family has run 2 blown flatbottoms with dry Bassett O/Ts, a jet with dry Bassett thru transom, a blown hydro with zoomies, and a jet with EMIs....all on the Rock River and have only gotten one ticket for noise.
    Where abouts is your dad gonna be....and more importantly, does he do glasswork cause I may be in the market for some assistance soon...

DUCKY
    I think he is going to be spending about 6 mos per year out there in 6 week increments or so. He doesn't do fiberglass though....Sorry. He hates it almost as much as I do

J bonz
    Over the past 10 years my family has run 2 blown flatbottoms with dry Bassett O/Ts, a jet with dry Bassett thru transom, a blown hydro with zoomies, and a jet with EMIs....all on the Rock River and have only gotten one ticket for noise.
    That's great to know, I am looking for a jet and was curious of were to go in the Milwaukee/south wisconsin area.
    Jr.

SnoC653
    Not sure how far you are from Clinton, IA but next year I hope to have the stevens flat done and running. I might have to haul it up that way if there's going to be a group. Still debating above or below the dam here.