Thread: dual roots supercharger

ck7684
    Anybody running one of these?? Or know who makes them?? The Vader Pantera has one but I cant seem to find them anywhere although I know I have in the past, especially for marine applications...you can see it in the picture here...
    http://web1.wavelinx.net/tmitch/public_html/vader.htm

502 JET
    Give Big AL's Toy Box (http://www.bigalstoybox.com/index.htm) a call they can help you out with the dual roots deal.

cfm
    Magnacharger is not really a 'roots' supercharger.
    When you want to use a Whipple, magnacharger,Eaton or etc smaller cid blowers and you need more airflow then one can get you, then you go dual. Whipple has had a dual set-up for years. Usually found on 900+ big blocks. However, with their new 5.0 liter blower this will not be needed anymore.
    As far as true roots we have enough sizes to pick from where two are not needed.

ck7684
    Mostly I was just curious cuz they look bitchin'

cfm
    Here's a dual Whipple set-up by I believe Infomaniac of this board.
    Love this vid BTW !!!! One of my favorites. Thanks Infomaniac - if you are the same one as from this vif.
    Anyway - not there for looks but for performance. You could only get so much out of one of the small whipples. Again, this was before the very newly released big Whipples.
    http://www.youtube.com/v/RGMxWyJY-os

Schiada76
    Why aren't they considered a Roots type of blower?
    They're not a screw or centrifugal.
    One reason to go with the Magnuson (Eaton) is their superior efficiency at low RPM. The newer ones are three lobe high helix and equal or beat the screws in efficacy.

Whipple Charged
    Why aren't they considered a Roots type of blower?
    They're not a screw or centrifugal.
    One reason to go with the Magnuson (Eaton) is their superior efficiency at low RPM. The newer ones are three lobe high helix and equal or beat the screws in efficacy.
    A Eaton is still roots, just a newer technology, different profile, more helix, axial entry vs. radial entry.
    As for better efficiency, the roots is no where close to a screw compressor. Thats been proven time and time again. As for down low, the screw compressors are more efficienct when comparing size for size.
    Thanks,
    Dustin

DMOORE
    Dustin, what would the whipple 5.0 compare to a roots blower size wise.
    ( 1071?).
    Darrell.