Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paging Les and Tobtek...............

HavasuDreamin'
    Updates please...........Les.........you ever get that 300X running right? Tobtek........what about your bro? I his running right? What kind of performance are you getting?
    Just curious.

TOBTEK
    hey there H/D.....My brother is finally happy with the new(to him) 300pm on his ole lavey. he put a small prop on it(22 high five, untill the maxima comes available) he does alot of sking and tubing with kids and tons of pep's in the boat. he's all about the bottom end holeshot. Even with the little prop, he is saying its plenty fast. I havent been playin with any props on mine, just the 26 bravo for good all around usage. I would really like to have another prop for some speed runs though. The best I've seen with the 30ET I was demo'ing was right at 90 when it had about 4 hours on the new boat. It now has about 18 on it total. I think Screamingpete got a hold of a MAXIMAS, and I would love to try it sometime....hint/hint IF I ever get back out to the river
    Les sold his mach22 to a guy that runs the lower river. We meet him a few weeks back at the ramp at hiddenshores, he seems to be lovin his new ride. Never talked about what he is getting out of it. since Les sold the mach has disapeared from here frown

HavasuDreamin'
    Cool. Good to hear your brother is enjoying the BIG Motor.
    Yes.........Haven't seen Les in a while.

cheezpanel
    Hey Tob, I just bought a used Mach 22 from Dave...took it out last weekend. Seemed to run well. Dave put a 28 four blade on it...having never had a boat like this before, I'm not sure exactly what it should/can do. It seems a bit sluggish out of the hole, but planes fairly quickly and gets going. I have nothing to compare this to though. This may be a stupid question, but next time you're out, maybe we can hook up and you can drive mine...tell me what you think, etc....my last boat was an 18' southwind with a 200 on it...quite a difference.
    Later, Bill

TOBTEK
    cheezpanel:
    Hey Tob, I just bought a used Mach 22 from Dave...took it out last weekend. Seemed to run well. Dave put a 28 four blade on it...having never had a boat like this before, I'm not sure exactly what it should/can do. It seems a bit sluggish out of the hole, but planes fairly quickly and gets going. I have nothing to compare this to though. This may be a stupid question, but next time you're out, maybe we can hook up and you can drive mine...tell me what you think, etc....my last boat was an 18' southwind with a 200 on it...quite a difference.
    Later, Bill CONGRATS CHEESE..... what mach did you buy? How is it set up? 300X or promax? how old? std or light lay-up? PIC's we need Pic's. Im NOT an exbert at all on these things either, with all of about 18 hours seat time and all, But Id be happy to flog your new baby and use your gas wink . We have a 26 bravo one with 1" holes on ours and have found that it isnt the best out of the hole(has a few seconds bog/lag time) and not the best topend either...BUT... its a great ALLAROUND prop. Mr screamingpete was running a 28 bravo one and I hear he liked it(although he never wants to hang out with us )We are going back out to yuma the weekend of the 25th and we stay at HiddenShore/ The old folks camp area. Hope you can make it out.
    BTW: what kind of topend speed are you seeing with the 28?

Screaming Pete

cheezpanel
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/523/587DSCF0002-med.JPG[/img]
    Here you go...this was taken Friday at HiddenShores. Were you there a couple of weeks ago when they were doing karaoke? I thought I saw a kart like yours driving around that night.. anyways, it's a 99 w/ a 300 Promax. Dave put a 28Bravo on it. I'll see if I can put a few more pics up.

cheezpanel
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/523/587DSCF0013-med.JPG[/img]
    Here's another one. As far as top end, I had the wife and daughter in the boat...I was told to SLOW DOWN when I was hitting 70. No problem, I was so friggin stoked just to be driving this boat at that point!

HavasuDreamin'
    I dig the Red 4x4 next to the boat.

TOBTEK
    LOOKS GOOD I know what you mean about the speed thing, with the spousal unit 50mph is about max speed if your 300PM has a fatshaft you are welcome to try my Labb'd 26 bravo, you will pick-up a little excelleration with it. I want to get a 30ET to play around with, they are a blast as long as you dont have any weight in the boat. Awesome mid range and top.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast