Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotting transom on Laser, How much should it cost?

James Zazula
    today wen i was at a fiberglass place the guy there found in his book's a 1987 420 ray 21 footer i think that the sticker's on my boat are home made and they ```` up you know what i mean he also found a laser boat's in texas we called but no answer it look's like a hydrostream there are a lot of them were i live IL.

ratso
    Lotta Lasers in Texas, 1989 they listed a 420 Laser (not a 240 though) 21 footer, need to post a pic. Maybe someone can tell you what you really have.

James Zazula
    Thanks for all your help, I will keep in touch and let you know how the transom turns out depending who I go with. As soon as I figure out how to put pictures on I will. Again thank you and happy boating.

snappertapper
    yea ratso i could do the transom for $1500 and i guarentee that it will last a life time simply because when i do a transom they have a 3/8" sheet of aluminum in the middle to ensure strgenth. O AND BY THE WAY YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS FULL OF IT NOT ME.

ratso
    Why would you need 3/8 aluminum in your transom unless you were unsure of the quality of your work (or else you are 80 years old and the warranty is for your lifetime). Sorry snapper but you just crack me up, I have a friend just like you (full of BS). If someone hops up a motor, he can do it better. If someone blows a boat over, he has done it twice. If someone has a 100 mph boat, he has had one do 105. He claims to KNOW IT ALL but is never quite able to back it up. Buy a jack plate for 200 and he saw one yesterday for 175. I have seen where you mounted a jack plate, motor, controls, steering, and did gelcoat work on the boat all before noon the same day, you should just change your name to BOAT HOUDINI. Really though, you amuse me. You are by no means stupid, but you are kinda "OUT THERE"

snappertapper
    im not syaing ive done it all but i like the extra insurance of the plate when you have all the right tools and know how to manage your time you can do all those things i did before noon it is not the best looking but i have fun in it

DUCKY
    James,
    Don't do it man! You can buy my '81 Laser 380 with new gelcoat top and bottom and a solid transom for about $4000 or so! I'm in Phoenix and it's ready to roll with Lots of new parts! Wife hates it, wants a V-Drive! Call me at (623)204-6877 or email me at sgaddie2@cox.net for pics. Thanks, Scott

Tahiti 135 Merc
    Shipshapetv.org,the host of that show replaced a floor and transom on an old boat,it looks like a lot of work.For $1500-$2500 I`ll put my own transom in,guarantee it will last forever too!!

ratso
    Yeah, I watch TV too, I'm pretty good at heart surgery and delivering babies. Can't wait until next week so I can get a few tips on how to kick Gordons ass in Nascar.

Tahiti 135 Merc
    Ratso,EAT ME!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast