Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: DON'T let topless watch your kids!

HavaSkank
    Sleeper, we are SO on the same page. As a matter of fact I think we should procreate.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Lets see if we can agree on this: The same liberal school systems that have convinced parents to abrogate their responsibilities as parents IE: We'll feed your child breakfast, lunch and after school snacks in day care, but we won't make the little crumb cruncher exercise in school because they might sweat.
    At the Jr. High schools around here kids can sit around at PE because if the sweat they need to take showers and if they take showers other kids will see them naked . OMG. Alot of times these are the same Fat little phucks that are getting fat off of the school "Free" food programs. (Free my ass)
    The liberal are '"F" ing up thing as usual.
    Are we on the same page here?
    Sleeper CP
    agree.. also most schools are doing away with PE do to lack of funding.. But they will keep Band class..

HavaSkank
    I watch sports programs get X'ed off of school budgets all the time. It's a contributing factor to the growing obesity rate in our country, that's for damn sure.

HavaSkank
    In a very ethnic Southern California school district parents began complaining that the FREE eff'ing meals (as Sleeper mentioned) weren't culturally acceptable. These parents alleged discrimination because typical Hispanic staples were not offered, such as tortillas.
    This actually was addressed at a School Board meeting where a Spanish translator had to explain to the parents that the meals are designed by a State nutritonalist and their children's health standards were being considered, not the ethnic nature.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    I watch sports programs get X'ed off of school budgets all the time. It's a contributing factor to the growing obesity rate in our country, that's for damn sure.
    so it is not just the PARENTS fault.. it is society also..

HavaSkank
    Parents still are the ones steering this vessel called child rearing. Promoting heathy eating at home and preaching the NEED for physical activity has to come from somewhere. Sure society becomes more accepting of obesity while the population becomes fatter and fatter, and society (such as public schools) hinder heath education.
    I have a girlfriend whose 12 yr old son weighs 215lbs. She continuously takes him to the doctor, DEMANDING they do something. The doctor sat down and asked the boy to recall everything he ate the day before. He listed Coco Puffs for breakfast with whole milk, Oreos with milk for snack, 2 combo Del Taco burritos with large fries and a Dr. Pepper for lunch. For dinner he had 4 pieces of pizza and bread sticks from Dominos.
    My friend sat there in horror. You see, a 12 yr old cant drive nor does he have the funds to purchase this crap. She is a busy mom who drives her other children around town and she frequently stops for fast food because of their busy schedule.
    Her daughter is a little soccer stud who is rail thin. DUH! She's in motion constantly. The son is addicted to online gaming and has a monitor tan. They both consume the same crap, yet it's harming the boy.
    The doctor told her to toss his computer out the window. That was his prescription.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Parents still are the ones steering this vessel called child rearing. Promoting heathy eating at home and preaching the NEED for physical activity has to come from somewhere. Sure society becomes more accepting of obesity while the population becomes fatter and fatter, and society (such as public schools) hinder heath education.
    I have a girlfriend whose 12 yr old son weighs 215lbs. She continuously takes him to the doctor, DEMANDING they do something. The doctor sat down and asked the boy to recall everything he ate the day before. He listed Coco Puffs for breakfast with whole milk, Oreos with milk for snack, 2 combo Del Taco burritos with large fries and a Dr. Pepper for lunch. For dinner he had 4 pieces of pizza and bread sticks from Dominos.
    My friend sat there in horror. You see, a 12 yr old cant drive nor does he have the funds to purchase this crap. She is a busy mom who drives her other children around town and she frequently stops for fast food because of their busy schedule.
    Her daughter is a little soccer stud who is rail thin. DUH! She's in motion constantly. The son is addicted to online gaming and has a monitor tan. They both consume the same crap, yet it's harming the boy.
    The doctor told her to toss his computer out the window. That was his prescription.
    I see what you are talking about and I don't agree with everything you have said. But.. would society , CPS, DR's etc.. blame a parent for an anorexic kid.. No because it goes un seen.. it is ignored.. there are more illnesses that go with that eatting disorder than obesity..

HM
    agree.. also most schools are doing away with PE do to lack of funding.. But they will keep Band class..
    Almost right. School programs are never cut because of a LACK of funding. They are cut because someone decides to spend the money somewhere else...usually in administration. But, because their budget was only increased by 20% instead of 45%....they will claim their budget was "cut." It used to be that the libs would only scream about cuts if the bugdet was INCREASED by less than baseline INCREASES. Now, they claim a cut when they don't get the INCREASE they wanted.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Almost right. School programs are never cut because of a LACK of funding. They are cut because someone decides to spend the money somewhere else...usually in administration. But, because their budget was only increased by 20% instead of 45%....they will claim their budget was "cut." It used to be that the libs would only scream about cuts if the bugdet was INCREASED by less than baseline INCREASES. Now, they claim a cut when they don't get the INCREASE they wanted.
    well I am uneducated ..

HavaSkank
    Mandated reporters, such as teachers, coaches and nurses, are required to report annorexic and bulemic behaviors as well.
    For instance, I coach high school cheer/dance. We had a 16 yr old girl who was thin to begin with, but she became dangerously thin within a 2 wk period. We took the kids to camp and I purposely sat near her in order to monitor her eating. She sat at table with an iced tea. I asked her what was going on and she nervously claimed she already ate.
    We called her mom and asked her to come pick her up. When her mom got there (a beautiful, thin woman) we explained our concerns and suggested she take the child to get medical attention ASAP. This mother was outraged! She was completely appalled by our allegations and threatened a law suit.
    3 days later her daughter collasped in their kitchen. She was taken by ambulance and this naive mother had to be informed by the ER doc that her daughter was bulemic and her heart was weak. He pointed out the damage to her teeth and explained that her daughter needed to be placed in treatment facility. She was realized from the doctors care after a 5 day stay with the reminder to get her daughter into a treatment facility ASAP.
    After she was released from the hospital we went to visit her. I asked the IGNORANT mom when she would be going for treatment. The mom was in complete denial and said it wasnt necessary. We called the doctor, who then called CPS, who visited the mom and indicated they would take immediate emergency custody of her daughter if she didnt get her in a car within the next 15 mintues.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast