Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fountain Boat Found?????

PHOTOGLOU
    Also.. San Berdo is doing the video with Uncle Larry TODAY... We should have this up tonight.....

ratso
    San Berdo is calling Lake Havasu PD to conform or deny this.... I am being told THERE WOULD BE NO ARREST until the witness could I D the driver... Just because they find the boat DOES NOT allow the police to arrest until there is an I D or confession....
    Sounds to me like there won't be a case then.

PaPaG
    We are heading for hard times, people are going to get really cranky.
    I hope not but the reality is you are right...

PaPaG
    Confrontations??? What fukking confrontations are you even talking about???
    Now thats what I am talking about old HB humor

MADDOG355
    Sounds to me like there won't be a case then.
    I am thinking that according to law all anyone has to do is make a positive id on the boat, The owner is responsable regardless of if he was even on the boat.

Big Warlock
    They're going to need more than a positive ID of the boat. A Fountain is basically a cookie cutter boat, they pretty much all look alike. A good lawyer, hell a bad lawyer, could have that case thrown out in 20 minutes. They need some physical evidence, a confession or an eyewitness that can identify both the boat and the driver.
    Absolutely. Do we know if the Fountain driver was by himself?

Havasu1986
    Absolutely. Do we know if the Fountain driver was by himself?
    Post #1 in the Third Alarm thread.

PHOTOGLOU
    I am thinking that according to law all anyone has to do is make a positive id on the boat, The owner is responsable regardless of if he was even on the boat.
    In my opinion you are correct in a civil case... But not a criminal case....

Boatcop
    In my opinion you are correct in a civil case... But not a criminal case....
    The owner of a vessel could be held criminally responsible under Federal Maritime Law. And if the Fountain was USCG Documented, even more so.
    Remember that, in addition to Joe Hazelwood, Exxon was held to criminal penalties in the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Prince William Sound. They were ordered to pay a $250 million fine to settle the criminal charges. They also paid out $900 million to settle civil charges.

Lavey29
    And then they made regular unleaded $3.45 a gallon so you and I and everyone else actually paid the penalty fine for that negligent criminal act...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast