Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cole Sweat

DaveA
    I'll bet the empty rolls of tape are counted and used to determine price.
    Hmmm, could be...
    Probably more like throwing beer cans in the back of your pickup truck as you empty them....
    a gauge of where you've been and where you is goin' to be...

BILLY.B
    I'll bet the empty rolls of tape are counted and used to determine price.Not to determine the price of the paint job but keep tabs on how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$ is spent on this stuff. 2" tape depending on where you get it from can cost over $10.00 a roll. On this paticular boat I used over 18 rolls. I think there were 28 rolls of 3/4" at almost $3.00 and about 15 rolls of 1/4" at $2.35 a roll and about 8 rolls of 1/2" at around $2.50. Needles to say it does add up and I really never kept up on this until a couple of years ago if you can believe that. And when I did add it up I was shocked. So you are right to a point I guess. But it also lets the owner know where his $$$$$$$$$$$$ is going.

JakeC.
    this boat is bad ass. i love the colors on it.

Norseman
    But it also lets the owner know where his $$$$$$$$$$$$ is going.
    Billy;
    Looking at the finished paint job and the effort you put into each one, the owners know where the $$$$$ are going. And I'm sure everyone of them feel it was worth every penny.
    The paint jobs just keep getting better and better!!!
    Bob

BILLY.B
    Thanks for all the positive comments on the "Cole Sweat". The owner was very much involved in this project and it was different to have a customer so involved in how the out come was going to be (not in a bad way). Most of my customers (other then my brother in-law...V-Drive video) just drop the project off and say i'll talk to you later. Boat looks alot brighter in person with alot of tape shading and fades. The one thing that really shows up in person is the lettering. We clear over all the stripping and lettering on our jobs so that you can't feel a thing. But this one really stands out as far as the name goes due to the shine and clarity and the fact that it matches the shine of the hull unlike if it was lettered on top of the clear.

Flat Magic
    Billy,
    How many days would you say it takes to paint an average boat
    design? Start to finish, factoring a 5 day work week (monday-Friday).
    This is a general question, I understand that some customers want
    more done than others.

Milton,
    I love the Avatar! Is that you whooping up on Randy Ball? Thanks again for the use of your boat in Alabama. That thing was a prize to drive. See ya in Phoenix. Tell Randy and his wife hello.
    Tony

Gilles
    These boats will run with K's ???
    Lou needs to find somewhere else to park his truck.:boxed:
    http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysga...s/DSC02939.JPG

These boats will run with K's ???
    The one on the far side will see some action Gilles. The one nearest the camera is a dragboat. Are you gonna mke any of the races?

FlatStupid
    These boats will run with K's ???Boy it is gonna be some fun to see the Traffic Cone boucing off that Gold Metalflake eh Nacho boy!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast