Thread: power capacitor

Havasubum
    worth it or dont even bother????... will be going in a f-150 with 2 amps

Tom Brown
    If your amps are really lousy...... and I'm talking about Chinese mail order lousy, it will have a slight positive impact on performance. For any decent amp, it will make no difference.
    .... so: no, don't even bother.

MobileFantasy
    Do your lights dim if so put one if not you really dont need one

Havasubum
    just got the truck back from the shop and now i am getting a wierd noise coming from the engine compartment close by the battery ( 2001 f-150 ) its a buzzing noise, cant hear it inside but outside you can hear. trying to figure out why its making the noise now any ideas???

Mr. Naudio
    Go with a battery,like stinger or oddessy,maybe a new alternator.
    the lights will dim worse over time with a cap.Your lights are dimming due to low voltage the cap dose not make more voltage.

Kim Hanson
    worth it or dont even bother????... will be going in a f-150 with 2 amps
    Waste of time unless you like lights flashing all the time :idea: I use 2 Optima's with a battery cap and still see the disco show out front and with 85 watt low beams it's pretty wild looking I have one big 1500 RMS mono class D amp to 2-12" JBL Power series subs a 200 watt equalizer to 2-4" 150 watt tweeters, 2 Polk Audio 150 watt shit and 2 6x9 2700 watt 8ways.....Loud in an extended cab, is an understatement..........( . )( . )......I would go to a way bigger alternator :idea:

thmper321
    just got the truck back from the shop and now i am getting a wierd noise coming from the engine compartment close by the battery ( 2001 f-150 ) its a buzzing noise, cant hear it inside but outside you can hear. trying to figure out why its making the noise now any ideas???
    The noise could be the alternator or just a vibration from something that was moved around during the installation. Take it back to the shop and let them know about it. Adding more baterries to a stock alterantor will help to some extent but if you are taking more eggs out of the basket than you are putting in you will eventually end up with no eggs even with a larger basket aka more battery.