Thread: low profile subs

IT'SONLYMONEY
    any one have them, do they sound good. looking at the boss 600watt powered low pro sub. going to put it in the rhino under the back seat or on the tail gate facing foward. just wanted some input if anyone has ever tried them and liked them or hated them, a waste of money.
    thanks
    chuck

Dub C
    low profile subs serve their purpose pretty well, i've used the jl and pioneer and they work well but aren't very efficient meaning you need more power to run them, try SSVwork.com, they have a nice console sub enclosure with a downfiring 10 inch sub with a cupholder in the enclosure, sounds good.

thmper321
    I know the guys at SSVworks.com. They know their stuff. Ask for Trent or Nathan and tell them Brian sent you.
    You are better off going with a standard sub under 5" in depth than one of the pancake looking subs. Very inefficient and some actually don't work well in smaller enclosures. The console sub from SSV does a nice jobs and sounds pretty good.

IT'SONLYMONEY
    does it vibrate the heck out of the cab in the rhino though. i 'm anal when it comes to this prob.

thmper321
    The Rhino I listened to sounded good and no out of control vibrations. It was mounted down pretty solid which would be recommended to keep rattles down.

IT'SONLYMONEY
    The Rhino I listened to sounded good and no out of control vibrations. It was mounted down pretty solid which would be recommended to keep rattles down.
    the one in the add shows it facing the front floor board i thought not down. am i wrong

thmper321
    The "box" was mounted down to the floor of the Rhino. The sub faces forward.

CornWater
    I installed a standard depth sub under the front seat of my rhino and it sounds good, no rattle... I used a 10, and it fires twoards the center.