Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice: Want snowbirds or rental company

Newcastle
    I need some advice. Looking to rent out the Havasu place for the winter. It's a 1600 sqft, built in '03, north end 3 bd/2 ba house. I'd like to use a rental company and any suggestions or references would be appreciated. I don't mind paying the 5-10% depending on how much service they offer.
    Which companies have you had success/failure with? How much should I expect to get per month and which months are usually attractive to snowbirds?
    Thanks in advance

Havasu1986
    I have rented my house to snowbirds for over 20 years. I've been lucky to have the same renter for 5 years. Coldwell Banker charges 12%. There ok. I get 1k a month, but probably could get more. But I get 6 months where most people get 3-4. Also you have to pay taxes on your added income if you go thru a rental company. Check with you tax person.

SummerBreeze
    Lake havasu vacations Rentals 800 279-4712 Cheryl or Jeannette
    I have my place with them for almost 2 years now

Newcastle
    Cool, thanks for the info. I'll check into some of those.
    I figured on the additional tax since it's technically income, though it won't cover the mortgage so I should be able to claim it as a rental loss.

Ms.Havasu
    Hi Nate;
    I usually send my clients to Jeanette (The last link posted above). She has a good built in clientel. I think she charges 12% as well.
    I found my own snowbirds last year and they were great, Their budget is only 1,000 and they stayed 3 1/2 months. Our daughter is moving in the home this month so it won't be available for them this winter. If you are interested in renting to them let me know and I'll give you their contact number. No fees, no taxes, but only 3 1/2 months at 1,000. It worked for us because they left right as spring break started and I found enough weekend rentals from members of ***boat to really help with the payments.
    Good luck;
    Michele

lalhc
    Lake havasu vacations Rentals 800 279-4712 Cheryl or Jeannette
    I have my place with them for almost 2 years now
    I have used Jeannette the past two years as well and they charge 15%, but they get me a lot more per month on my house than I can on my own. Everything is taken care of. I don't receive calls about the remote is broken or anything else. I have to claim the rent as income on my taxes. Don't you guys claim anything on your taxes? Doesn't that throw up a red flag if you're claimining your 2nd home as a rental?

River Runin
    I need some advice. Looking to rent out the Havasu place for the winter. It's a 1600 sqft, built in '03, north end 3 bd/2 ba house. I'd like to use a rental company and any suggestions or references would be appreciated. I don't mind paying the 5-10% depending on how much service they offer.
    Which companies have you had success/failure with? How much should I expect to get per month and which months are usually attractive to snowbirds?
    Thanks in advance
    Oct thru March/april
    $1000 or less per
    Parking for 68 foot of coach & towed garage, PLUS a truck and Boat

Havasu1986
    I have used Jeannette the past two years as well and they charge 15%, but they get me a lot more per month on my house than I can on my own. Everything is taken care of. I don't receive calls about the remote is broken or anything else. I have to claim the rent as income on my taxes. Don't you guys claim anything on your taxes? Doesn't that throw up a red flag if you're claimining your 2nd home as a rental?
    I'm not sure if you have to claim a 2nd home as a rental. But if you do legally you can only use it for 2 weeks out of the year. Yea Right. Now when I sold my 1st Havi home I had to do a 1031 exchange to avoid paying about 20k in taxes.

lalhc
    I completely understand the 2 week thing. Luckily, we still have a trailer at the Islander that we claim we stay in all the time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast