Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Traffic! I just don't get it?

talkinghead
    Talkinghead, you are a fu(king moron. It's a*holes like you that don't take responsibility for their own actions that get most people in 4 wheelers killed when involved in accidents with big trucks.
    The statistics are so skewed against truck drivers that it isn't even funny anymore. When some jack-off, as yourself, cuts into a big trucks stopping distance and gets hit from behind it usually gets blamed on the truckdriver for following too close even though it was the as*hole that put him OR herself in harms way. The driver has no control over basic principals of physics-> I.E., the amount of distance it takes to stop a given number of moving tons of steel.
    The only thing that you so stated that shows you possess even half a brain is ->
    "stay away from them as much as I can."
    The rest of your idiotic post is bullsh*t.
    I'll give you some free advice and I personally don't give a rat's ass if you take it or not... Stay the hell away from bigtrucks....
    Now from my perspective... if you or any other self-centered idiot cuts in front of me and in so doing creates a situation whereas I am forced to "lock- it-down, I will not put it into the side of the hiway or the ditch. The reason being is that if I bend that tractor and trailer and the trailer comes down on me then who in the sam hell is going to look after my family when I'm not around? Surely not you cuz you'll be going on your marry way and not giving a damn. I promise you that you'll NOT be driving away from any accident with me that you've caused. If you have 19 kids in the car then I just guess you'll have to live with the consequences of your actions.
    If I sound like a hardcore truckdriver then so be it as it's as*holes like you that have made me this way.
    As for Highroller being a preditor or whatever, HE and 77Charger are basically virgins with great attitudes. a million accident free miles is something to be proud of considering all of the self-centered idiots->such as yourself- on the roads today. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.9->3.1 million miles in 29 years of putting up with idiots and one accident. Some assclown->such as yourself- crossed over the center mediun on I-40 in New Mexico and ran underneith my tractor/trailer at about 3am one morning. He walked away from it only because I was paying attention. That was when I gave a fu(k. Next time you cut in front of a bigtruck it could be me......be scared assclown!
    Rio
    Riodog: Your response assumes things you have no idea about, is illogical and emotional. Get a grip.
    Just about everybody is a tough guy in a "BIG RIG".

'75 Miller
    Riodog: Your response assumes things you have no idea about, is illogical and emotional. Get a grip.
    Just about everybody is a tough guy in a "BIG RIG".
    I think the problem might be your driving tactics, sir. In my 19+ years as a driver I've never once had a problem with truckers. Those guys (and ladies) are the professionals of the road, we're simply amateurs. Perhaps it's time to examine your own driving.

HokeySon
    I think the problem might be your driving tactics, sir. In my 19+ years as a driver I've never once had a problem with truckers. Those guys (and ladies) are the professionals of the road, we're simply amateurs. Perhaps it's time to examine your own driving.
    I was taught the same thing- Be extra curtious to the trucks. I still am to the interstate guys and the box rigs. But after driving the 710 in my little car for years, the guys hauling containers from the port to the RR depot do not get the benefit of the doubt from me anymore. I get out of the right lanes in a hurry and stay away from them. Those guys are killers.

talkinghead
    Professionals? I have been driving for way more than 19 years, I have no accidents or tickets and consider myself to be a courteous and considerate driver.
    To basically state that all truckers are "professionals' is simply not true, at least according to my definition of what a professional is. And yes, there are "professional" truck drivers - the ones who obey the law, who are patient safe drivers (most of the time - nobody is perfect).
    I regularly witness so-called "professional" truckers breaking the law - which in general has a greater potential consequence than say a car driver breaking the law (in general). A truck is a vehicle capable of mass destruction/death.
    The trucker who made the original comments basically said he was just waiting for the right set of circumstances (over a million miles, the right car in the right position) to hopefully damage and very likely injure or kill the person in the car.
    That's basically what a mountain lion does - it waits for the right prey at the right time and then attacks - an ambush predator.

jbtrailerjim
    I was taught the same thing- But after driving the 710 in my little car for years, the guys hauling containers from the port to the RR depot do not get the benefit of the doubt from me anymore. I get out of the right lanes in a hurry and stay away from them. Those guys are killers.
    You're doing the right thing by staying away from those trucks. Some of those trucks are unlicensed no insurance carring mofo's and they're in a hurry. I can't blame them for being in a hurry though. They get paid around $150 to run from the port to the I.E. and that ain't shit!
    In defense of High Roller and Rio, I see their point. I witness a lot not very courteous drivers when it come to big rigs. People have no clue how hard it is to stop 80,000lbs when some dimb f*ck cuts in front of them. I do look forward though when some dumb ass drives under there axles. It just means $$$$ to me when they roll into my shop with a axle torn out from underneath their trailer.

Ultrafied
    Then why don't you educate us, come on don't keep it such a secrete. I assume every driver that I encounter on the road is exactly like you. I compensate for idiots all day long. I see dead bodies along the worst stretch of hiway in California or the average of every other night during the vacation months. 99% of it is just stupidity. While I don't have to defend myself to you I'm not tough in a bigrig and I'm not out to fu(k with anyone EVER. I only tell you wait will be the outcome if you fu(k up. Period. I can only tell you what I WILL do and I'd suggest you believe it.As so stated. I will Not put one in the ditch to avoid hitting you from behind if you choose to obstruct my stopping distance. I will not 'swerve' to avoid hitting you if you choose to obstruct my stopping distance as the people next to me have no dog in this fight. If you fu(k up with your whole family on board that is YOUR responsibility and problem. I don't have accidents and I don't get tickets, don't do drugs, don't bother with a logbook anylonger and I honestly do not give a damn if you are in such a hurry that you fu(k up and don't make it home tonight. The only law that I consistently violate is Alans noice law but he ain't got me yet so it don't count. Every move I make is recorded so do what you wanna, I just don't care.
    Rio
    Wow, get a grip! Professionals? Get out in Mira Loma at 6:30 and see all the "professionals". I have lived long enough. You don't want to "swerve to avoid hitting me", hope you have real good insurance, because as usual, my wife will have the last laugh. It is your responsibility to avoid an accident, if not, well then let the lawyers decide. Me, I could care less. Truckers are a soar spot with me the last 6 years. Courteous? Get on the 60 and see how courteous. Sure I may lose, but like you said, "I just don't care".

Ultrafied
    Stay off the 15 if you're gonna drive with your head up your as* and we'll never meet.
    I drive it all the time. Hope to see you there. Red Tahoe.
    Sorry for the rant but idiots piss me off cuz they're idiots.
    The feeling is quite mutual.

Schiada76
    It's the Low Spark of High Heeled Boys.
    Rebop Kwaku Baah

NvrL84Fun
    Wow, get a grip! Professionals? Get out in Mira Loma at 6:30 and see all the "professionals". I have lived long enough. You don't want to "swerve to avoid hitting me", hope you have real good insurance, because as usual, my wife will have the last laugh. It is your responsibility to avoid an accident, if not, well then let the lawyers decide. Me, I could care less. Truckers are a soar spot with me the last 6 years. Courteous? Get on the 60 and see how courteous. Sure I may lose, but like you said, "I just don't care".
    LOL! Nice. Are we supposed to be afraid of your wife? This is a threat?!?

socalmoney
    Wow, look at the size of all these posts. People really have something to say about traffic. I hate it also. Everything that has advanced our lifespan is taken up by traffic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast