Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Traffic! I just don't get it?

Ziggy
    The pushy drivers just need to leave 10-15 minutes earlier so they don't have to be such assholes trying to rush to their destination. It's that simple.
    There is so little patience and/or common sense left on the busy freeways.
    I expect traffic when going to certain areas and add drive time to compensate.

brianthomas
    Then why don't you educate us, come on don't keep it such a secrete. I assume every driver that I encounter on the road is exactly like you. I compensate for idiots all day long. I see dead bodies along the worst stretch of hiway in California or the average of every other night during the vacation months. 99% of it is just stupidity. While I don't have to defend myself to you I'm not tough in a bigrig and I'm not out to fu(k with anyone EVER. I only tell you wait will be the outcome if you fu(k up. Period. I can only tell you what I WILL do and I'd suggest you believe it.As so stated. I will Not put one in the ditch to avoid hitting you from behind if you choose to obstruct my stopping distance. I will not 'swerve' to avoid hitting you if you choose to obstruct my stopping distance as the people next to me have no dog in this fight. If you fu(k up with your whole family on board that is YOUR responsibility and problem. I don't have accidents and I don't get tickets, don't do drugs, don't bother with a logbook anylonger and I honestly do not give a damn if you are in such a hurry that you fu(k up and don't make it home tonight. The only law that I consistently violate is Alans noice law but he ain't got me yet so it don't count. Every move I make is recorded so do what you wanna, I just don't care.
    Rio
    Please, please, please find a new job,,,,,,yesterday. Sometimes people make mistakes, even the best of drivers.

Froggystyle
    To basically state that all truckers are "professionals' is simply not true, at least according to my definition of what a professional is.
    Well, here is Miriam Webster's definition...
    a: participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavor often engaged in by amateurs <a professional golfer>
    b : having a particular profession as a permanent career <a professional soldier>
    c : engaged in by persons receiving financial return <professional football>

Dean10
    I think I get it now! Everybody thinks that the way they drive is the right way! Well let me tell you something, everybody makes mistakes. Sometimes fatal ones. But when somebody makes a move to deliberately screw you and better their own position regardless of the conequences then they are the ashole. Blinkers, hand signals (the nice ones), brake lights, flashers etc. are all indicators of your next move and/or a request to make a move. Ask and you will be surprised how many good drivers will oblige.
    A few simple clues:
    If the car in front of you makes a green, you too should make that green or your just too far back and hindering traffic.
    If someone is desperately trying to get over they may have car trouble, are lost, or will continue to get over out of your way because they are probably trying to get off soon. Let 'em over, they're getting off!
    When I'm at A red light, I'm waiting for one thing. A GREEN ONE! GO ALREADY!
    Big rigs have the right of way, even when they don't! At five miles an hour they can ruin anything you can put in their way. Why chance it. Besides, they are carrying everything that makes our life go around. Clothes, food, auto parts, boat parts, BEER, furniture, mail, WHATEVER. LET 'EM THROUGH.
    Use your blinkers and allow others to make a move. Don't leave anybody guessing what your next move is going to be.
    Get a hands free phone set. It will soon be the law anyways.
    And, invest in cordless accessories (bluetooth, etc.) because everyone with a cell phone will have to buy it starting next year.
    That's why I'm the best driver.

talkinghead
    I will not 'swerve' to avoid hitting you if you choose to obstruct my stopping distance as the people next to me have no dog in this fight. If you fu(k up with your whole family on board that is YOUR responsibility and problem.'
    What part of "it's not my responsibility to injure myself or any other innocent driver on the road due to YOUR fu(kup" do you NOT uderstand? I don't make those kind of mistakes on the road as my driving record will reflect and I expect the same from you. What? You think you're special and can damn well do what you like? You're trying to tell everyone that YOU have no responsibility for your own safety? Maybe you think everyone else has the 'chore" of looking out for you? Are you stoooppiidd? YOU, sir, are sounding like a POS democrat that needs someone else to take care of them as they are too stupid and lazy to take care of themselves.
    I really don't give a rat's ass if you you have a sore spot for 6 years cuz drivers with their heads up their ass like you have given me a sore spot for about 30 years. You are correct about one thing, you have probably lived too long and your wife could probably do better in the next 'go-round'. Don't worry bout my insurance cuz with idiots as yourself out there it's YOUR insurance that matters.
    AS for professional drivers in Mira Loma, there might be a few but you choose to hang out with a bunch of clowns that bought their licenses in TJ and drive the crap they do then when you get run over by an assclown with no insurance maybe you'll find A. you shouldn't be cruising the trucklots of Mira Loma trying to pick up a tender young boy, AND maybe you shouldn't have been supporting NAFTA all this time.
    It's just like the quality of drivers towing boats up and down the road. We have boat pullers that take their responsibility seriously and we have the beginners, unexperienced, and the ones that think that by running 90 mph, in the wrong lane, without working trailer lights, bald tires, wheel bearings smoken, don't think twice about not using turn indicators, cutting in and out of traffic, and the most important thing in the world is to get where ever so they can slug down the next cocktail, (if they haven't already started). There are garbage drivers every where and I wouldn't insult anyone's intelligence by trying to convince anyone there isn't. We have more roadtrash pushing bigrigs down the road here in Crapifornia now than ever before. Guess what? YOU put them there.
    Think about this, every time one of your assinine politicians comes up with a new plan to 'make the roads safer" it's idiots that don't want to take responsibility for their own actions that are all over this like stink on sh*t. People like you vote this crap in when in reality all it does is slow down the progress and put more trucks on the road. Next month, our estemed courts have decreed we go back to driving shorter hours. What it does is cuts 1 hour of driving off of my day. That 1 hour means that I won't be able to legally finish my run and have to 'layover'. That means since there are about 50 drivers that run my run per day that we've got 50 trucks still out of the yard, in motels, truckstops, rest areas, etc., that are not able to return in time to make their run for the next day. That in turn means that the company has to buy 50 more trucks, trailers, and hire 50 more drivers to cover the business demands. Ya following me still?
    That means that YOU the consumer are going to pay for 50 more units, (tractor and trailer), license fee's($3000, per yr) insurance(3000.+ per yr), plus all of the associated costs for those new drivers that are on the road. (drivers with 7 years or less experience are involved in over 75% of the accidents).
    Ultra, I'm pretty sure that you are not capable of following along so I'll cut the lecture short. The bottom line is that when As*holes like yourself screw up and hinder in any way, shape or form the big trucks......You and the rest of the population are the ones that pay for it. Think not? When we have to have Jim repair our trailers cause you fu(ked up, he probably charges us about $100 bucks an hour labor. Who do you think is gonna pay the bill? Think about it when you buy that next head of lettuce cuz that increases your cost more so than hiring legal lettuce pickers and paying them a decent wage.
    Oh yeah, I haul for one of our larger grocery companies to Vegas and back everyday when I feel like working and I've got the seniority that I can basically work when I feel like it. Anymore I'm burned out after about Tuesday and take the rest of the week off. Stay off the 15 if you're gonna drive with your head up your as* and we'll never meet. Probably be better for you but just in case you wanna get stupid, what's your wife look like cuz we always need a few more good lookin widows for entertainment purposes at the river.
    Sorry for the rant but idiots piss me off cuz they're idiots.
    Rio
    Riodog - Then you must piss yourself off a lot.

'75 Miller
    Mr. Talkinghead I'd love to hear what your REAL beef is. Did you come home early to find a trucker pounding your wife or what?
    Truckers usually stay to the right, signal well in advance of turns/lane changes, and slow to let in those who drive with respect. Exactly how is it that large, heavy, cumbersome bigrigs are the problem in your mind?
    On the other hand, people in passenger vehicles are all over the road, seldom signal, and change for no reason other than to be one car-length closer to their destination. Oh, and let's not forget the asswipes that purposely seek out lanes that end so they can rush ahead and gain another precious car-length.
    Explain your reasoning, if you will, as the reasons you've stated thus far just don't add up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123