Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Absolute Speed and Marine

6 Dollar Boat
    Aaron??? Oh ya I need to call that guy when I'm done with this MARGAITA...I will need another service soooon...

voodoomedman
    hey voodoo man are you one of the monkeys ? been watching the boards for a long time.just never logged in.been around and had boats my whole life.this is what happened to me and others at this shop.i hope you did not recommend these guys to me.
    OOh ooh eeh eeh ahh ahh. Mmmmmmmm bananas.
    Read this thread. http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...absolute+speed
    Story is just too close to hondodudes and Pvhca who I think ended up being the same guy basically the story that I posted earlier. Just seems to follow the same M.O. And they were banned when found out and then your join date is only a month later. Just seems suspicious is all. If your legitimate the n my sincerest apologies. I think what happened to Djunkie sucked and I said so. But he is a bit more credible so I believe wholeheartedly what he is saying. I will still go to ASM as from my experience they are top notch.

cc322
    Story is just too close to hondodudes and Pvhca who I think ended up being the same guy basically the story that I posted earlier. Just seems to follow the same M.O. And they were banned when found out and then your join date is only a month later. Just seems suspicious is all. If your legitimate the n my sincerest apologies. I think what happened to Djunkie sucked and I said so. But he is a bit more credible so I believe wholeheartedly what he is saying. I will still go to ASM as from my experience they are top notch.
    Make you wonder dosent it???????????????

purrfecttremor
    I call BULL SHIT...Ive used absolute many times and yes thet focked up once but who doesnt.The main thing is they fixed the error in a hurry. Stand up people.

Ultrafied
    Absolute has been great for me. Arron took care of me twice now and they have been great about getting me in and out. Sure wish your experiences had been as good as mine, louispinkcafe.

PaPaG
    I have used Absolute for over 2 full seasons now. Brian and Aaron are great, if you tell them or they know you are on vacation and people are counting on you to get your boat ready in time they push it through and have it ready even if they stay late....I had a real bad fuel issue that was driving me nuts and they did what needed to do and got me out of there in under a day and a half (while swamped with other boats)...They even tested it on the lake to make sure they got rid of the problem...and they sure did...got me GPS'ed 11-13mph better top end along with a much quicker response throughout the RPM range due to the repairs......
    All I can say is Thanks Brian, Thanks Aaron you guys are great...

One Particular Harbor
    I am not part of the "in" crowd and I don't know Aaron or Brian personally, though I have met both on several occasions in the shop.
    However, we only use Absolute for our services needs. We are completing our fourth season with Absolute and their work has always been done right and on time. They also do the little things, like topping off the batteries before putting the boat back in storage.
    I don't think it's a matter of who you know, so much as how you work with the various vendors in Havasu. I, for one, really appreciate how much they help me to get things done and keep my boat on the water.
    This past week, Absolute serviced our boat and then coordinated with both Frank at Car Toyz for a stereo repair and Doug at Full Throttle Detail. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the local shops working together and coordinating schedules. It really makes our lives easier and, with only a couple of phone calls from Orange County, I was able to get the boat serviced, stereo repaired and boat detailed, all before we arrive back in Havasu this coming Friday.
    In my book, this is great service and it helps ensure that every minute I am in Havasu is spent on the water with the family.
    In return, I try to give each of these vendors sufficient time and notice to get the work done. If it's going to be two weeks before I return to Havasu, I give Absolute the full two weeks to get the job done. Similarly, I am always grateful for their work and for helping with the little things like hanging on to my keys, getting the boat in and out of storage, passing my keys along to another vendor, etc. I am, I hope, always pleasant and patient and I pay on time.
    Bottom line, I think if you treat them well and understand their needs, they'll do the same for you.
    OPH

That Guy
    :idea: :idea: :idea:
    I (like many others) have only gotten great service from Brian and Aaron...great customer service at a fair price....I agree the story above looks very similar.....:idea:

Classic Daycruiser
    If a company stocks a part and can install it the same day in Lake havasu on a summer weekend, your getting a deal if your only spending an extra two hunderd.
    If you have to wait a couple days for the part, then I'd be upset for paying the extra.
    My rate on a weekend is $600 an hour on Saturday, and $900 on Sunday. I don't work on boats, but if I did, Saturdays would be shop rate x 1.5, and Sundays would be shop rate x 2.0 (thats my rate, not what i take home)
    It is really hard to keep a good talented individual working on a weekend, without proper compensation. And stocking every common part need on a boat can be a costly inventory to manage.

djunkie
    If a company stocks a part and can install it the same day in Lake havasu on a summer weekend, your getting a deal if your only spending an extra two hunderd.
    If you have to wait a couple days for the part, then I'd be upset for paying the extra.
    My rate on a weekend is $600 an hour on Saturday, and $900 on Sunday. I don't work on boats, but if I did, Saturdays would be shop rate x 1.5, and Sundays would be shop rate x 2.0 (thats my rate, not what i take home)
    It is really hard to keep a good talented individual working on a weekend, without proper compensation. And stocking every common part need on a boat can be a costly inventory to manage.
    I was installing the new pump myself. I had the old one in my hand inside Aarons shop. All I'm trying to say is he was less than helpful to me.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast