Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Absolute Speed and Marine

That Guy
    I was installing the new pump myself. I had the old one in my hand inside Aarons shop. All I'm trying to say is he was less than helpful to me.
    You should really go and talk to him and tell him what happened...my guess is that he would work very hard to make it right.....if that doesn't work, use my name...I'm part of the "in" crowd...
    That<<<<<<so not part of the in crowd>>>>>>>Guy

djunkie
    You should really go and talk to him and tell him what happened...my guess is that he would work very hard to make it right.....if that doesn't work, use my name...I'm part of the "in" crowd...
    That<<<<<<so not part of the in crowd>>>>>>>Guy
    I doubt I'll ever be back over there unless I'm in a bind. I work on my own boat so rarely do I bring it into a shop. When I do need a shops assistance I bring it home to my mechanic here in Cali. Damm man, all I wanted was a freakin water pump. Or a referral to a place that might have one. Not just a shrug on the shoulders and a "good luck".

Froggystyle
    Not to get into the drama here, but Aaron and Brian at Absolute have been amazing for my company.
    We take a lot of pride in the fit and finish of our boats, and knowing how they are built, they spend an equal amount of time making sure that ALL of the maintenance, repair and customer service they provide is up to the factoy level. Not easy to do. They have bent over backwards to help us troubleshoot what turned out to be a bad battery charger and get our client back on the water. Before he knew me personally, Aaron let us borrow a prop to test while tuning the 550 boat with zero drama.
    Without getting too into it, they have been a solid extended member of my team, and are invaluable to have in Havasu where we primarily boat and where some of my clients live. Aaron has given my clients his cell number in case something pops up and needs attention, and has come in early on holiday weekends to make sure that my folks were able to beat the rush on a simple tuning issue to get on the water.
    Two thumbs up... big time. They are my first call in the event of any mechanical situation, and have proven themselves to me to be a class act in every way possible. Thanks guys...
    Wes

BadKachina
    I call BULL SHIT...Ive used absolute many times and yes thet focked up once but who doesnt.The main thing is they fixed the error in a hurry. Stand up people.
    How you treat your customers in the end is what matters IMO. Everybody makes mistakes, some mistakes are out of your control. Standing behind your work and product is what keeps customers coming back.

N2dezracer
    wow, i actually logged on today to tell my story about absolute, and then i find this thread. although now im scared i will be banned if i speak my opinion.
    and yes, i am very seldom seen here and only voice my opinion when absolutley neccasary.
    so here goes last week i was in havasu and called asm to get my boat serviced(22 eagle xp) i spoke with sheryle and she set up a time for the next day which was perfect, i wasnt expecting to get it done so soon anyways i dropped it off the next day everything was good they said it would be done at noon. at 11:45 i got the call, again perfect i was happy. when i got to the shop the bill was a little more than quoted but not a problem i usually dont care as long as the work is done right. after paying i had a couple questions about some future upgrades(whipple,trim tabs,exhaust)basically prices and concerns it was then i got the feeling that my little boat was of no interest to themanyways after the brief conversation(very brief) i asked where to pick up the boat since i dropped it off in frontno one knew where it was then i was ignored and they went to the back shop. so i pull around back to see my boat parked up against a pile of rocks in a dirt lot. at that time i wasnt to happy but again, i understand space issues with business(i run a service dept myself with m/c and watercraft)but after closer inspection seeing a 4x4 block of wood laying on my fender and oily hand prints on the side and interior i was pissed meanwhile no one came outback to help or (deliver)my boat to me and i was not in the talking mood by that point i just hooked up my boat and left, but thats not the best part. since my place is in parker i stopped for gas on the way back and when i pulled in i noticed my left rear tire on my trailer was flat(remember rockpile!)so after finding a tire shop and seeing the gash in the tire i figured it best that i didnt call them until my temper calmed.
    so i hope nobody takes this as bashing, but i just would like some input on if this is what im supposed to expect from this place or did just have a bad experience. i know i am rambling at this point but at my dealership if this were to happen my job would be in jepordy. so thanks in advance for listening to my whining believe me its not what i normally do because i hate when people do it to me.

louispinkcafe
    what a joke.whats a joke is there work.i was a new customer and if this is how they treat there new customers i guess they do not need anymore business.for
    everybody saying everyone makes mistakes i agree.i left several messages with
    brain with no calls back.i just left the boat there and told them what i needed.
    brian made a list but is was never completed.i did not really even ask how much just paid the bill.one of the guys there said savage marine sucks but
    who should i believe.maybe i will try savage it cant be any worse.talk to you latter vodoo.
    PS DID YOU THINK MAYBE THE STORY WAS TRUE BECAUSE IT REALLY HAPPENS.

pvhca
    HEY VOODOOMEDMAN, this is PVHCA in case you haven't figuered that out by now, NO I AM not hondodudes, obviously aaron and brian have treated you with respect and given you quality service but there is no need to bash myself or anyone else who bashes A.S.M. I can go on for ever about their horrible service and lack of customer service, my issues with them have been going on since 2003-2004 when they rebuilt the engine on my boat, i finally had a real mechanic find out that the compression was low on 5 of the eight cylinders, the engine since rebuild has under 30 hours on it and of that 10 hours are from test runs at your idols shop, i can send you the bill for being charged for ten hours of lake test time, oh did I mention Aaron warrantied the engine but never stood behined the warranty, any way I will never use them again but if you've had great service than cool but until you get screwed by someone as bad as A.S.M. has screwed others on this forum keep the bashing to yourself, no one like myself wants to hear your praise for thiefs. Oh by the way my name is Phil I'm not afraid to hide behind my initials and my large group of boating friends can verify the B.S. that my family and I have endured over the last three summers with trusting A.S.M. to do the right thing and warranty the engine, Aaron was just in over his head on my job.

voodoomedman
    PVHCA,
    I have seen some other posts of yours and see that you have even posted your phone # and you are in Upland. For your screenname getting mentioned I am sorry. I have not been able to say the same about Pink Louie. He shows he is in Havasu and that is about it. Something still smells fishy. Of course I could be wrong, but he has not proven otherwise and has just been nasty in the way he talks. I respect you calling me out in a civilized manner. Yes I have been treated well by ASM. Your situation obviously sucks... I'm not a nutswinger for ASM. Basically there have been a few people that come on here and try and pull the wool over everybody's eyes and that is wrong. If somebody is bashing a business for personal gain that is completely wrong. Some people never say anything good about anybody or any business but when they get the chance to say somebody sucks then they are all over it like stink on $hit not realizing that they may be hurting somebody's livelihood. Explaining your situation in truth and detail to warn others from making the same costly mistake is all cool with me. I will continue to say that "I" have had stellar service from ASM and reccomend them because I have and most people say that they have. There will always be a few that won't. That's with any business. If I ever do get screwed by them then I will eat crow, remember your warnings and take my boat to Savage or Prestige. But I don't feel that will happen or I'd have done it already. Once again, sorry you were brought into it in the manner you were.
    HEY VOODOOMEDMAN, this is PVHCA in case you haven't figuered that out by now, NO I AM not hondodudes, obviously aaron and brian have treated you with respect and given you quality service but there is no need to bash myself or anyone else who bashes A.S.M. I can go on for ever about their horrible service and lack of customer service, my issues with them have been going on since 2003-2004 when they rebuilt the engine on my boat, i finally had a real mechanic find out that the compression was low on 5 of the eight cylinders, the engine since rebuild has under 30 hours on it and of that 10 hours are from test runs at your idols shop, i can send you the bill for being charged for ten hours of lake test time, oh did I mention Aaron warrantied the engine but never stood behined the warranty, any way I will never use them again but if you've had great service than cool but until you get screwed by someone as bad as A.S.M. has screwed others on this forum keep the bashing to yourself, no one like myself wants to hear your praise for thiefs. Oh by the way my name is Phil I'm not afraid to hide behind my initials and my large group of boating friends can verify the B.S. that my family and I have endured over the last three summers with trusting A.S.M. to do the right thing and warranty the engine, Aaron was just in over his head on my job.

Havasu Luvr
    I have been on these boards for a long time and enjoy reading about all the BS and Drama. ASM seems to be a stand up establishment and many peeps have been afforded great customer service and repairs. I for one never had such luck. My story start a few years back when I was running with Jay (Photoglou) on a weekend. That particular morning I got a master alarm indicating over heating. I pulled out and took the boat up to my place.. My sons and I started to pull the pump and I had Mrs. HL start calling all the marine shops for price and availability of the pump. ASM was $30 more then any other marine shop for the same pump but I told the Mrs. that I wanted to use ASM to break the ice and start a relationship that many other family boater have done. ASM had the part and installed the vain pump into the housing for me which was cool of them (@ $115.00). and then Arron's wife precedes to tell me they could have done the whole job for $250.00. MY boys and me went back and re-installed the pump housing and we were in business that afternoon... cool. The beginning of the next season I was having performance problems and after many of you HB's telling me to first do the fuel filters I decided to have them changed out. The same day I read on these boards that a fellow member had the smae issues and drive his boat to ASM and Arron changes all his filters while parked on the street. I call Brian and tell him about my issues and what I wanted done and that I am a HB member and have read about all the other great customer service they are giving other members (YES ! ! PR kissing arsss) and he precedes to tell me no can do and I would be at least 2 wks out. Of course I said WHAT ??? needless to say ASM did not and has not recieved any of my hard earned $$$$ It is either taken back to Shockwave or done myself. Since then I have met up with Arron in the channel and expressed my situation to him and he was very suprised to hear of my encounter. I am glad that meny of you have experienced great CS through ASM. I guess there is just a few of us that it was never meant to be...lol

That Guy
    It would seem that the plot thickens...most of these newbies use very similar punctuation and grammar or lack thereof.....:idea: :idea:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast