Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help...Need to replace engine cover

BBB
    I pulled a completely bonehead move yesterday. Spent the week at Shasta and I forgot to pin my engine cover before leaving.... An hour and a half down Hwy 5 the engine cover takes off like a kite! Thank God it didn't land on any cars! The cover is pretty trashed, upholstry is shot and there's at least one huge crack right in the middle of the cover.
    I've never had to deal with something like this before and I'm wondering how bad this is going to hurt? I've got a 1994 'Eliminator 20.5 Skier ' jet which was not a very popular Eliminator model so I doubt there's anything available on the secondary market. Any thoughts on how much this will cost to replace? Where should I go (Eliminator?) and how long should it take?

i would go somewhere like martinez marine ulpholstery in norco 951-340-9171.They will fix it cheap and pretty quick.

Glamasu
    Same thing happened on my old Ultra. I want to say that I paid about $500 to have mine replaced in Parker about 10 years ago. I had a few colors running through the hatch cover though, that might have added to the price a little.
    500.00 ten yrs ago translates to about 3000.00 in todays world

BBB
    Thanks...shoulda mentioned this before but any recommedations in Northern CA?

BBB
    500.00 ten yrs ago translates to about 3000.00 in todays world
    OK now your scaring me!

Chubby4Life
    Talk to Jory at S.O.S. Marine in Granite Bay. He deals with high performance stuff and would prolly know of a reputable upholstery shop.

Glamasu
    OK now your scaring me!
    Just a little sarcasim.....SBob's post reminded me of something my dad would say.....My dad still thinks he is in the 70's 80's when it comes to "todays" prices for things....
    Good luck with the hunt...Hope all works out well for you

Classic Daycruiser
    I pulled a completely bonehead move yesterday. Spent the week at Shasta and I forgot to pin my engine cover before leaving.... An hour and a half down Hwy 5 the engine cover takes off like a kite! Thank God it didn't land on any cars! The cover is pretty trashed, upholstry is shot and there's at least one huge crack right in the middle of the cover.
    I've never had to deal with something like this before and I'm wondering how bad this is going to hurt? I've got a 1994 'Eliminator 20.5 Skier ' jet which was not a very popular Eliminator model so I doubt there's anything available on the secondary market. Any thoughts on how much this will cost to replace? Where should I go (Eliminator?) and how long should it take?
    I had my complete interior replaced by eliminator for $8500 (including all the frames kick panels,floor, and much more). I'm guessing around $500-1500. I'd Just drop off the cover at Eliminator and have then deal with it. They can match the color and design. The hatch is usually the cheapest for labor
    If your out of town, crate it up and ship it to them.:idea:

Classic Daycruiser
    50 posts since 2002???? Where have you been?

BBB
    Yeah I know... 50 posts aint much contributin. I'm more the strong SILENT type Believe it or not I keep an eye on these forums on a fairly regular basis but, given my Bay Area locale, I don't have that much of a connection with the majority party here.
    That said, I wouldn't hesitate to state that this is the best 'community' on the net!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast