Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Tundra or Dodge 1500

willowrat
    I am buying this weekend.
    Toyotas have the great quality history and a 10K towing capacity.
    Dodge is dealing and has the lifetime drive train warrenty is free. You just have to keep up on the maintenance. Only a 8500 towing capacity.
    Any good or bad experiences?

dmontzsta
    My buddy has an 04 Dodge and it is a piece of crap. He has put alot of hard miles on it, but the suspension is harsh and rides like poo, the interior is very cheap and the switch panel on the doors has broken off and the dash is already cracked in 4 places. Very poorly built in 04 atleast. But, I would have you buy American over an import if I had a say. I would urge you to test drive the new F150 though! I love mine to death, they ride very smooth.

BrendellaJet
    I bought an 03 dodge ram with hemi new in July of, you guessed it, 2003.
    It had this annoying ticking sound that I swear is an exhaust leak. Its gotten only slightly worse over the last few years. Dealer ignores my pleas to fix it. "its normal". Whatever.
    It has been a good truck otherwise. First set of brakes lasted 60k miles, as did tires. Mileage has been 13-15 with mostly hwy, but always some regular stop & go. If just on the hwy I can average 16-17 if Im nice. Towing doesn't seem to make a real difference(5k pounds max here).
    Im curious to see how the truck performs with the variable displacement motor. New warranty sounds nice.

BrendellaJet
    My buddy has an 04 Dodge and it is a piece of crap. He has put alot of hard miles on it, but the suspension is harsh and rides like poo, the interior is very cheap and the switch panel on the doors has broken off and the dash is already cracked in 4 places. Very poorly built in 04 atleast. But, I would have you buy American over an import if I had a say. I would urge you to test drive the new F150 though! I love mine to death, they ride very smooth.
    Your friend sounds like a gentle giant...:idea:
    Suspension is a little harsh, that could be changed though. Having come from a mushy chevy though it was a welcome change. Interior still looks new in my truck other than some wear & tear on the leather.

rivercrazy
    Gotta say I am really happy and continue to be impressed with my 2007 Tundra Crewmax SR5 4X4. Just past 8K miles and not one issue.
    The 5.7L engine with the 6 speed tranny coupled with the 4.30 rear end is very stout. Pulled a number of different trailers and boats in challenging conditions. This truck doesn't even break a sweat. And I'm getting pretty decent mileage non-towing of 16-18mph.

warlock
    Go for the Dodge...Duhhh! Toyota's just don't look tough AT ALL...Not to mention....
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Toyota-Tun...Break&id=47569
    And.....
    http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/08/t...tundra-recall/
    And.....
    http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto...73.A12413.html

River Lynchmob
    Don't buy rice stick with american

rivercrazy
    No mfg is immune from recalls, including Dodge. Toyota's reputation for after sale service, warranty claims, etc is outstanding.
    http://www.automotive.com/used-cars/...500/index.html

warlock
    Don't buy rice stick with american
    Well put!

DCBDaytona
    I had a 2004 F-150 and recently bought a loaded 2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab...In my opinion, the Chevy and Toyota are the best in the market right now. The Toyota was just too large for my tastes! Check out the 07 Chevy's...they're building one hell of a truck now.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast