Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any trick to resurrecting dead batteries?

Outnumbered
    Can an 18 month old Trojan 12V deep cycle battery come back to life if it has sat for 6 months 1/2 full of water? The plates look crusty. I fiiled it up with distilled water and thru it on the charger. Any tricks or should I just buy a new one? This came in the 5th wheel I just bought so it wont see any heavy stereo usage.
    Thanks

Boatcop
    Can an 18 month old Trojan 12V deep cycle battery come back to life if it has sat for 6 months 1/2 full of water? The plates look crusty. I fiiled it up with distilled water and thru it on the charger. Any tricks or should I just buy a new one? This came in the 5th wheel I just bought so it wont see any heavy stereo usage.
    Thanks
    Find a dealer of Trojan batteries and take it to them. Batteries usually have some kind of warranty on them. Even if they don't exchange it straight across, they'll give you a credit on the new one.

HOOTER SLED-
    Find a dealer of Trojan batteries and take it to them. Batteries usually have some kind of warranty on them. Even if they don't exchange it straight across, they'll give you a credit on the new one.
    Yup, they may pro rate it for some cash.

HOOTER SLED-
    I'd run it through the charge dealio.............it may be ok still. Worth a shot.

Baja Big Dog
    It will charge up fine....

Spotondl
    Drop it from about waist high onto a concrete floor... knocks the crusty's off the plates and surprisingly works wonders... charge away...

HemiDude
    Drop it from about waist high onto a concrete floor... knocks the crusty's off the plates and surprisingly works wonders... charge away...
    Or...just buy a new one!:idea: :idea: :idea:

Outnumbered
    I heard this once before but I am a little hesitant to try it. Can I use your garage floor?

AZJD
    Once a deep cycle battery has been run dead over and over again it will not hold a charge. It is time to replace it....

Trailer Park Casanova
    Once a deep cycle battery has been run dead over and over again it will not hold a charge. It is time to replace it....
    There it is.
    If ya can't get a good trade-in from Trojan, COSTCO will give ya 5 bucks each.
    COSTCO Golf cart batts are only $50 each (last I bought them in APRIL).
    The COSTCOs work super.
    There are a few places in Havabrew advertised in the local rag that have plain wrap 6Vs for about 50 bux too.
    Trojans are SUPER expensive. About $140 ea last I checked.
    BTW:
    Buggies unlimited GolfCart Doc says ya have to remove the head unit from your sound sytem if it's on or off. The radio is usually wired around the dead man switch so this is essential.
    Otherwise it draws down the power and ruins the batts over time, even if it's off.
    This is what I was told probably killed my Trojans.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast