Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little League World Series Today

Shark Attack 065
    Looks like a good game Lubbock Tx. vs Chandler, AZ. !

mbrown2
    Let's go Chandler!

Boatcop
    My wife and I watch every game we can. We get so much joy from watching these kids play in the World Series.
    No prima-donna pretty boys. No million dollar contracts. No hold-outs. No bench-clearing brawls. No steroids, drugs, gambling or dog-fighting. No cheating (Except for the New York team a few years ago)
    Just a bunch kids on the field, solely for the love of the game.
    While it would be nice to see the Chandler kids take the whole thing, every one comes out a winner.
    And Tom Hanks was wrong.
    There IS crying in baseball.

HOOTER SLED-
    Love watching these lil guys too. Have to check it out. MIssed last night. What are the ages of them? What division? Is there only one division for World Series? Got my boys in Winter ball. Just started their practices. They play Pony League though, not LIttle League.

THOR
    With the exception of Danny Almonte, they are all about 12 years old.
    I rarely miss a game. These boys love to play and take it really hard when they lose. Poor kids crying think it is all their fault. Shake it off, its just a game.

HOOTER SLED-
    Just watched a couple of games. There were a couple of 13 year olds. Did you see that monster pitcher? 6'1" and 180 lbs. Holy shiznit. His pops was a NFL QB for the Cards.

Boatcop
    Just watched a couple of games. There were a couple of 13 year olds. Did you see that monster pitcher? 6'1" and 180 lbs. Holy shiznit. His pops was a NFL QB for the Cards.
    That would have been Neil Lomax's kid.

djunkie
    My wife and I watch every game we can. We get so much joy from watching these kids play in the World Series.
    No prima-donna pretty boys. No million dollar contracts. No hold-outs. No bench-clearing brawls. No steroids, drugs, gambling or dog-fighting. No cheating (Except for the New York team a few years ago)
    Just a bunch kids on the field, solely for the love of the game.
    While it would be nice to see the Chandler kids take the whole thing, every one comes out a winner.
    And Tom Hanks was wrong.
    There IS crying in baseball.
    This is true, but.......... There is a lot of BS politics involved with being on the team. I was on The Dream Team from Eastview little league that made it there. Unfortunately 3 of us had to be cut before going there. Well since the coaches son and I were the 2 catchers I was cut. Even though my stats were far better than his. Not to mention they took a chick that was horrible just because of the attention she drew for being a chick. It caused a ton of drama by a lot of the familes cause they wanted me and another kid to go.

HOOTER SLED-
    That would have been Neil Lomax's kid.
    Yup.

HOOTER SLED-
    This is true, but.......... There is a lot of BS politics involved with being on the team. I was on The Dream Team from Eastview little league that made it there. Unfortunately 3 of us had to be cut before going there. Well since the coaches son and I were the 2 catchers I was cut. Even though my stats were far better than his. Not to mention they took a chick that was horrible just because of the attention she drew for being a chick. It caused a ton of drama by a lot of the familes cause they wanted me and another kid to go.
    LOL!!!!!!! YOu got beat by a girl. You lame ass!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Naw, seriously, sometimes this shit is so ego driven when the Manager has his kid on the team. I would totally yank my kid if he wasn't making the cut. Shit, I may be managing a team here soon to overcome some of this BS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast