Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GRRRRR!!! I want my boat back!!

78TaylorSS460
    I've been getting the run around on my boat for over a month now and I want the damn thing running! I sent it to the guy I bought it from in Montgomery, TX because he said he knew a "great" mechanic who works for a guy that races boats. Well, this great mechanic skipped town and never worked on the boat. Lucklily I didn't pay him. Now the guy I bought it from won't work on because he runs a prop shop down there and says he has customers he has to deal with first and he also said it would be 1-2 weeks before he could get to it. The part I'm angry about it that I gave hime the money 3 weeks before I even got the boat so he could have a down payment for the truck he wanted. So I did him a big favor. Now I think he needs to do me a favor and work on the damn boat! All I wanted him to do was go through the engine and hook up the ignition. He said he'd do it for a really reasonable price, and I don't have as much knowlage in gas engines as I do in diesels. I just want to be able to put the interior in and get it on the water before all of my funds go away. Sorry, I just had to vent. Would yall be mad too??

Pm machinehead here on the boards, he's in Austin, dont really know where it is to you, but he's a good guy and can take care of it for you!
    Todd

atxwrangler
    hell yea!get your money back and call duane mullenix at 361-550-9667.he is reasonably priced and will do a jam up job on refreshing that motor,or anything else you need.go get your money back! start a paper trail with a certified letter to the guy that has your money.duane is located in victoria texas,you won't be sorry.i know a good mechanic up your way,but,he is more expensive,keep in mind tolerences for a jet boat are different than a car or truck.call me with questions,361-782-1241,i'm marty.good luck!

78TaylorSS460
    Thanks for the info. I'll be callin you in the next few days Marty to BS about jets with you. I'm new to jet boats but not new to boating and I'm eager to learn! Thanks
    Eric

IMPATIENT 1
    Duane knows his chit, get your money back and take it to him the dude has gotten what he wanted from you before you got what you wanted, you know better than that

atxwrangler
    anytime,by the way,nice looking boat you have there!

SmokinLowriderSS
    Too bad you aren't closer. You could come here, and sit in MY 1978 SS with a cold one while I get your wiring up to snuff on a weekend. Then we'd take them to the lake for "testing".
    If I CAN be of any help. please don't hesitate to ask.

smokinjoe
    IM probably out of line here but do you really think you will be able to get your money back from this guy? does he even still have your boat in his posssesion? or maybe he does still have it and has it all up and running for you but is having too much fun jammin around the lake to give it back to you?
    Like I said im probably out of line. my boat doesnt leave my garage without me that way I know where its at.

78TaylorSS460
    The guy it's with is a friends dad. The boat has no interior in it and it's just that he hasn't started on it yet thats pissing me off. The only money I've payed is for the actual boat.
    I wish I was colser smokin! Thats a hell of a deal. If diesel was cheap I'd drive to Kansas! I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions, so you'll probably be hearing from me. Thanks guys! Also, does anyone have pics of the hole that the forward/reverse cable passes through the hull? Tom at Jet Boat Performance is trying to fab up the little metal peice that is held on with 3 screws that the cable passes through. No one sells it so he needs a reference. Thanks!
    Eric

atxwrangler
    JUST GO TO YOUR LOCAL ELECTRICal STORE .I THINK IT IS CALLED AN APPLETON FITTING,PROLLY THE SMALLEST OR NEXT TO THE SMALLEST THEY HAVE,THEY WORK GREAT,I USE THEM ON ALL MY BOATS,I'LL LOOK FOR A PICTURE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast