Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allergic to shrimp?

BOBALOO
    I'm watching Forrest Gump and Bubba is talking about shrimp.
    I LOVE the little buggers but for the last 5 years I've been allergic to them.
    For two years I would take Benadryl before a " shrimp fest " and I was usually fine. One shrimp and I break out in hives.
    Lobster and crab legs are OK though, but not as good as shrimp.
    Anyone else develop an allergy to something they love?

BadKachina
    Unfortunately my mother is deathly allergic to iodine.
    She got progressively worse as she got older. Don't take any chances with it.

Miss Perfect
    I'm watching Forrest Gump and Bubba is talking about shrimp.
    I LOVE the little buggers but for the last 5 years I've been allergic to them.
    For two years I would take Benadryl before a " shrimp fest " and I was usually fine. One shrimp and I break out in hives.
    Lobster and crab legs are OK though, but not as good as shrimp.
    Anyone else develop an allergy to something they love?
    By taking benadryl to be able to eat shrimp, you are playing with fire. Allergies tend to get worse the more you expose yourself to them.... so what might be hives this time, could turn into an anaphylactic reaction next time. Just be careful

BOBALOO
    By taking benadryl to be able to eat shrimp, you are playing with fire. Allergies tend to get worse the more you expose yourself to them.... so what might be hives this time, could turn into an anaphylactic reaction next time. Just be careful
    Haven't had a shrimp in over 4 years. I dont want to die! Not really tempted either, I figure the next time might be my last so I stay away.
    I have a cousin that cant eat nuts , she, I mean, that must really suck! :devil:

BOBALOO
    I guess I am getting old (33) It has been almost 8 years since the allergy first started. over 4 without shrimp.

OGShocker
    I know a guy that can eat them, but cannot TOUCH them. Skin allergy... WIERD!!!

DMOORE
    SOOOO true. They may be good, but not worth your life.
    Darrell.

OGShocker
    SOOOO true. They may be good, but not worth your life.
    Darrell.
    I know MP's answer but, if it were pussy, how would you feel?

DMOORE
    I know MP's answer but, if it were pussy, how would you feel?
    Hummmm, I'd most likely be dead by now.
    Darrell.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
    Cats, dogs, house dust, tree pollen (including grass)... and asthma... allergies for me are inside and outside. Thank goodness for new meds over the years so that I can actually breathe! These allergens are not things that I can control like eating shrimp. Go to a friends house that has a cat..take a pill.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast