Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hydraulic Place Diverter troubleshooting

Cas
    2 different deals Tom. Place has a limited warranty on what they've sold and has no reason to warranty an older unit. Bennett on the other hand is the manufacturer that knows the in's and outs of their product and are willing to help people on any unit with their name on it.
    I just know that Place didn't/couldn't/wouldn't do anything and rightly so, they aren't Bennett pump rebuilders. Going directly to Bennett got me everything I needed and more.

Rod,
    Check your PMs, just got off the phone with Tim Place.
    Tom

I called Tom at Jet Boat Performance. We shared probably 8 phone calls between us, he'd tell me what to do, I'd do what he recomended, I'd call him back, he told me what to do next, etc... all of this free tech advice while Tom is trying to run a business was purely unexpected by me and way above and beyond Tom givng a fellow boater a hand. Long story short, we got it working! Tom you are a really cool person, a great help to me, and I owe you more than just the first round! :idea:
    Thanks Tom!

.............. Long story short, we got it working!...... [/B]
    And the problem was ?????????????

And the problem was ?????????????
    Honestly, I'm not sure! LMFAO
    A combination of problems actually.
    First the thing was low on fluid. Filled it up with ATF fluid. They now sell ATF fluid that works for both Mercon and Dexron 3, amazing.
    Tom told me to loosen the solenoid's (I think that's what he called them, 4 round devices in the pump) up a little bit which I did but it still didn't work. They were extremely tight and required me to use both hands to loosen 3 out of the 4. Tom said they should be one hand "snug" tight.
    Next it made a whining sound but nothing moved, so I disconnected the lines at the slave, put the lines in a bucket and operated the Diverter's switch to see if it pumped fluid out of the lines. It immediately pumped fluid out of the lines for "down" but took it several seconds to pump fluid out for "up".
    Next I used my hands and moved the Diverter up and down (with a towel wrapped around it is better than the way I did it) and I saw light pink fluid shooting out of the hydraulic ram. I worked the hell out of the diverter by manually moving it up and down to get all that water/ATF mixture out of it. I hooked the lines back up to it and refilled the pump with fluid.
    Diverter moved up but wouldn't move down. So Tom had me loosen up those 4 solenoids again and just like majic the Diverter started working.
    I know that doesn't "read" like 8 phone calls, honestly I didn't count the calls, but there had to be at least 6 calls and you have to understand that I didn't/don't have a clue as to what in the hell I'm doing.

cave
    That's good news Hot Rod. I've heard many good things about Tom from 396 WTS. This is proof. Think I'm gunna copy this thread for future reference
    This be some good wrenching info...

airboater67
    I agree, Tom and his peeps have a good thing going. Very helpful and super nice people.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    That's good news Hot Rod. I've heard many good things about Tom from 396 WTS. This is proof. Think I'm gunna copy this thread for future reference
    This be some good wrenching info...
    Ill back that statement up all day long I plan on flying to cali within the next few months just to meet Tom and his great family. Tom takes time out of his busy schedule to help me and alot of my friends. The nice thing is that you dont have to spend $$ with him to get his help. He helps fellow boats out of passion Just ask Big Ern and Vinny.......
    Spitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12