Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 22 gears

Sangster
    Rich..A different Prop & alittle NOS will help your deal.. I question your HP rating & setup... For your boat to run properly it needs to have the setup checked & corrected for your HP which needs to be increased..NOS is the cheapest way to up your HP..If you are not lifting the tail of the boat you have something wrong with the setup asusming you have the HP you claim.. Running at the lake it's hard to tell because you don't know what point in the pass your boat is doing what??? I see alot of boats that run triple didgets at the lake, but it takes a Half mile to do it..These are usually the boats that run into problems at the lake as that much good water is hard to find. You want to have your boat run 100+ in the 1/8 mile..With your boat it can be done, but there is a process and it starts with "More Time & More Money".. Many here can help you but you need to get a plan on where you are going with your setup & how you want to run your boat i.e. lake/race and stick to it.. Sounds like you want to run at the lake where most races are won in the 1/8 mile.. That's Cool, set it up to do that and you will see goal alot quicker..Remember Rich...110 in an 1/8 is better that 110 in the 1/4

mfrey
    I always try to find someone that has a set up similar to mine...then ask them what they do. That way I can benefit from their experience and not "experiment" with my money. I would recommend asking someone with a similar hull etc.!
    Ok, Ok, I'll quit being a smartass. Rich, you will not go 110 and et where you want with 525 hp. Sorry. Sangster is right...it's all about how quick you get there. Here's my best numbers with a lot of expimenting:
    Same hull as yours. Same motor. 18% gears with three blade cleaver 11 1/2 x 16 = 94 mph / 11.10 et.
    Same set up with engine rebuild and dyno at 610hp: 105mph @ 10.22
    Same set up with a 11 1/2 x 16 two blade cleaver: 105 mph @ 10.23
    mid et slower so I put my 3 blade back on
    Same set up with Brodix aluminum heads (added 75hp): 108mph@ 9.73
    Same set up with new Dart intake manifold (probably good for 15-20 hp) and Shelfo cut down prop to 11 1/8: 109mph @ 9.69 and into rev limiter at 7700rpm
    Same set up with 22% gears: 111mph @ 9.61
    Same set up with 25% gears: 110mph @ 9.83
    Rich, I think the only real set up difference between mine and yours is the plates on my strut, which with the 3 blade is now slowing me down by pushing the nose down. It was ok before the latest changes. That's why I want to try your 2 blade to help carry the bow.
    I think you should try my 3 blade with 18% gears. You won't gain much but should kick the tail quicker.

LandSpeedRacer
    "I always try to find someone that has a set up similar to mine...then ask them what they do. That way I can benefit from their experience and not "experiment" with my money. I would recommend asking someone with a similar hull etc.!"
    Very well said:idea: :idea: :idea:

SANGER-RICH
    Ok I think I got it now leave it alone and run it like it is at Ming, and then decide what I want to do with it. Lake or track Who is comming up to Lake Ming that weekend for the classic v-drive club racing??

SANGER-RICH
    Are you guys talking about putah creek at berryessa when you say pc???
    Yes PC is PCR, Putah Creek Resort at the L section where the store and Motel is.

suckerpunch
    Richard, you can use my 1.22 gears at the track, but you wont like it. What I would do is put 1.09 or 1.12 in it, run fast and quick, and when you hang the rods out the side of the block, just tell mama its time for a new bullet! Our three blades haul ass. What happens to them is they air up so fast, lifting the tail, they rpm faster , than any two blade with a comparible blade. If you want speed bragging rights, than put a small two blade on with a ton of gear, and if you want to win races, put a big three blade on and drill them on the lights. call me if you want some different combos to try. Joe

SANGER-RICH
    Richard, you can use my 1.22 gears at the track, but you wont like it. What I would do is put 1.09 or 1.12 in it, run fast and quick, and when you hang the rods out the side of the block, just tell mama its time for a new bullet! Our three blades haul ass. What happens to them is they air up so fast, lifting the tail, they rpm faster , than any two blade with a comparible blade. If you want speed bragging rights, than put a small two blade on with a ton of gear, and if you want to win races, put a big three blade on and drill them on the lights. call me if you want some different combos to try. Joe
    OK Boss

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123