Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm

Jbb
    The Good news: It was a normal day in Sharon Springs, KS when a Union Pacific crew boarded a loaded coal train to head on the long trek back to Salina.
    The Bad news: Just a few miles into the trip a wheel bearing became overheated and melted off letting the truck support drop down and grind on top of the rail creating white hot molten metal droppings to spew downward on the rail.
    The Good news: A very alert crew noticed a small amount of smoke about halfway back in the train and immediately stopped the train in compliance with the rules.
    The Bad news: The train just happened to stop with the hot wheel on top of a wooden bridge built with creosote ties and trusses. Remember now, this train was loaded with coal!!!
    RULES ARE RULES! Don't let common sense get in the way of a good disaster!
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1188008565
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1188008735

Tom Brown
    This story sucks. I enjoyed the thong shots better.

Jbb
    This story sucks. I enjoyed the thong shots better.
    Have some prime rib.......and pipe down...

MRS FLYIN VEE
    :jawdrop:
    well we can say this wasn't pigeon poop..

Tom Brown
    Have some prime rib.......and pipe down...

If you ever come up here, I'm going to plow so much prime rib into your face, your ass won't have the energy to open up and let the methane escape.

Jbb

If you ever come up here, I'm going to plow so much prime rib into your face, your ass won't have the energy to open up and let the methane escape.
    Im not real big on meat that is still bleeding.:jawdrop: ...I prefer medium well.......I would like to go snowmobiling when I come there...I've never been.....can you make that happen?
    Oh yeah...Care wants to know if it's ok if she stabs you with an ice pick?

photo chick
    you think maybe Boats n Blondes was incharge???:jawdrop:

Tom Brown
    I prefer medium well.
    You've obviously never had a decent steak.
    When you cook the average cut of meat, it needs to be pretty well done to break down the fibers so it isn't tough and chewy.
    When you cook a good piece of meat, it is already tender and delicious. Anything you do to it will make it worse. The goal is to ruin it as little as possible. By seering it with as high heat as is possible, just until the juices are sealed in, the perimeter fat is caramelized, and the meat is warmed, the meat retains the most flavor possible.
    A chef friend of mine told me there's nothing more disgusting than a poorly prepared tartar or bluerare steak. That didn't make any sense to me since those dish items are basically uncooked. He said the lack of cooking makes it extra important to prepare the dish properly, including placing it under a heat lamp so the dish presentation is warm. Cold, raw meat.... let's face it..... is gay.
    Good beef, I mean really good beef, is best cooked as little as possible. Properly prepared, it will melt on your tongue. In the best cases, no knife is necessary. The meat will fall apart when you pull on it with your fork.
    The next time you're at a good restaurant, ordering a good steak, resist the temptation to order the clarks preparation and go with medium rare. If it is a really, really good steak, order it rare. You'll be glad you did.
    I would like to go snowmobiling when I come there...I've never been.....can you make that happen?
    I might be able to hook that up.
    Care wants to know if it's ok if she stabs you with an ice pick?
    That's odd. I was going to ask her the same question.

Jbb
    You've obviously never had a decent steak.
    When you cook the average cut of meat, it needs to be pretty well done to break down the fibers so it isn't tough and chewy.
    When you cook a good piece of meat, it is already tender and delicious. Anything you do to it will make it worse. The goal is to ruin it as little as possible. By seering it with as high heat as is possible, just until the juices are sealed in, the perimeter fat is caramelized, and the meat is warmed, the meat retains the most flavor possible.
    A chef friend of mine told me there's nothing more disgusting than a poorly prepared tartar or bluerare steak. That didn't make any sense to me since those dish items are basically uncooked. He said the lack of cooking makes it extra important to prepare the dish properly, including placing it under a heat lamp so the dish presentation is warm. Cold, raw meat.... let's face it..... is gay.
    Good beef, I mean really good beef, is best cooked as little as possible. Properly prepared, it will melt on your tongue. In the best cases, no knife is necessary. The meat will fall apart when you pull on it with your fork.
    The next time you're at a good restaurant, ordering a good steak, resist the temptation to order the clarks preparation and go with medium rare. If it is a really, really good steak, order it rare. You'll be glad you did.
    I might be able to hook that up.
    That's odd. I was going to ask her the same question.
    She says no ...you may not stab her...:jawdrop:

Troy McClure
    Agreed, I think that Outback Steakhouse cooks their meat true to form. Meaning you order it Medium Rare, it comes Medium Rare.
    From Wiki....Medium rare - The steak will have a fully red, warm center.
    MMM, tasty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast