Thread: Turbo

FCnLA
    Skater18Turbo, turbo OB for real?
    Cool! Gotta be a rare item.
    FCnLa!

FCnLA
    He must be pullin' our leg..........

BW1969
    I believe Land & Sea produced a turbo for outboards for a little while. I remember seeing a picture.

FCnLA
    Not sayin'they didn't make one. Gota Land and Sea cat. has a picture of one. Just, is there really someone that has one on a 18' Skater with a 2.0L Merc turbo running close to a 100mph??!! Should have thought of the chance that it really exists or someone pullin' my leg before I made a post.:O........FC

Skater18Turbo
    Yes its for real. It started out as a land and sea kit but because of several problems with there design, its mostly custom now.
    The boat has had a turbo on it for 3 of the last 5 years I have owned it.
    I have some pictures and will get them on as soon as I can get them scanned.
    I would not pull your leg about this.

FCnLA
    Good deal! I like exotic stuff. Looking forward to the pics. Does all that fit under a cowling?
    Good Day. FC

Skater18Turbo
    I have a cowl that will cover the package but I have switched to the stock Warner Ishi exhaust housing. It gets way to hot to cover with the cowl besides the cowl is so long it looks goofey.
    I see you also have a tunnel, what is the bottom like on that boat? Center pod? Steps?
    A turbo would add alot of power to that rude of yours, no port or intake work nesessary my 150 dynoed 300 at 7000 rpm.
    Any idea how I put a picture on this thing?
    Thanks for the interest in my boat.

FCnLA
    It has a center pod with a pad and steps on each side of the pod that are about 2"x2" and about 30" long. Youngblood, builder and designer of my boat, want's to change it up some when we blueprint the bottom this winter. It is a picklefork making its real lenth about 16'5". The boat is similar to a Liberator but is lower profile and a BUNCH lighter. No turbo for this motor, but a turbo V4 looper would be cool though. Would like to see pics of your rig. In the jet boats forum under terrible timing there is a post with some instuctions for posting a pic. I haven't had any luck with it though. Got a pic scanned but having trouble from there. U C, I'ma kinda compooter dumb.
    Good day, FC.

Skater18Turbo
    Sounds like a good design, should lift and get dry fast. Does the boat run on the pad or is the center pod higher than the sponsons? My boat lifts the center completely out of the water at speed, later skaters didnt have the center pod and are faster on top but mine seems to handle rougher water better. Here are some pics, the first pic shows my boat on the far right next to two big brothers, Scott's 24 with twin 2.5s and Dan's 24 with triple 2.5s. The second pic is at my dock at Gun Lake, I'm on the dock. The third pic is a closer look but its upside down. A lot has changed since these were taken but I think you'll get the idea. Later, Todd.
    http://home.wmis.net/~tfoote/beach.jpg
    http://home.wmis.net/~tfoote/klaus.jpg
    <A HREF="http://home.wmis.net/~tfoote/turb.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://home.wmis.net/~tfoote/turb.jpg
    </A>
    [This message has been edited by Skater18Turbo (edited December 16, 2000).]

FCnLA
    Man, what a wicked lookn' ride! With all the chrome and polished aluminium, who would want to cover that up. It would be cool if you had one so you could play with the unsuspecting, though. Ever look at http://www.screamandfly.com/ ? You ought to make boat of the month with that one. I'll make it one day. It wouldn't happen to be intercooled too, would it?
    Mine runs on the center pod with a pad, with the sponsons out of the water. How much does your hull weigh? Mine completely bare, when new was about 350#. I was going to blueprint it, but working on a chance for a new hull. Going to start on the plug and mold next month, hopefully. Got to get the old man, "Moses", going.
    Good day. FC
    PS. Your brothers' boats look awesome, but too big for me (like small boat, BIG motor). Oh yea, where are you? No specifics, just general. I'm in NE Louisiana. Just guessing, but looks like yall are in the south too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast