Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Blown Gas Jet - New records to be set 2006

Willis
    Dec. 21, 2005
    Hello everyone,
    :argue:
    Just wanted to say that the track records in blown gas jet is “Going Down in a couple of rounds”.
    "Working out those small critters"
    Fired up today and its on
    Willis

steelcomp
    Sounds good, Willis. Knock 'em dead! :crossx:
    "What's in the cup, sir?"

Go get em Willis.

That is what I am talkin about. :rollside:

Sounds like a man with a plan!! :idea:

LGCDEVIL
    What's the current record?

BigBlockOldsJet
    How do you plan on breaking the record which is 7.62 @ 147.03 MPH when you have an open cockpit boat that is limited to 145 MPH? Your best run from the last race was 8.8 @ 116, no disrespect implied but do you honostly think that you can shave that much time off your ET and add that much MPH by adding a screwcharger? I also don't think that you will be turning that screwcharger fast enough to really see any benefits anyhow, do you plan on making over 40 lbs of boost on that blown gasser? I am aware it takes less HP to turn them and with less friction you gain a cooler charge, but you had a superchiller and you weren't turning that small roots at a high overdrive to rob any power. I just don't see where any significant gains can be made to scrub off over a second on the ET and add over 30 MPH to the top end.
    If I am wrong so be it, more power to you. But this is discussion forum, so lay it out for everyone, maybe we all might learn something.

lucky
    How do you plan on breaking the record which is 7.62 @ 147.03 MPH when you have an open cockpit boat that is limited to 145 MPH? Your best run from the last race was 8.8 @ 116, no disrespect implied but do you honostly think that you can shave that much time off your ET and add that much MPH by adding a screwcharger? I also don't think that you will be turning that screwcharger fast enough to really see any benefits anyhow, do you plan on making over 40 lbs of boost on that blown gasser? I am aware it takes less HP to turn them and with less friction you gain a cooler charge, but you had a superchiller and you weren't turning that small roots at a high overdrive to rob any power. I just don't see where any significant gains can be made to scrub off over a second on the ET and add over 30 MPH to the top end.
    If I am wrong so be it, more power to you. But this is discussion forum, so lay it out for everyone, maybe we all might learn something.
    kill joy :rollside: lol

mj680
    Dan Nelson ran 7.20's at Ming with a PSI,and Jim Sampica Ran 7.20's at
    Red Bluff with the same motor,so I don't see a problem with what Willis is saying.
    As far as the MPH,I don't think Willis has a MPH LIMITER installed on his boat.

BigBlockOldsJet
    Dan Nelson ran &.20's at Ming with a PSI,and Jim Sampica Ran 7.20's at
    Red Bluff with the same motor,so I don't see a problem with what Willis is saying.
    As far as the MPH,I don't think Willis has a MPH LIMITER installed on his boat.
    I didn't say that it was never or couldn't be done, I am saying that just by changing superchargers in this application it is doubtful to see that much of a performance gain. As you know, PSI chargers have the potential to make a significant amount of boost, don't you think that the internal components of the engine have to be updated to take advantage of the higher boost capabilities, especially on a blown gasser. To name drop and say it has been done is a weak argument, I am sure that their engine combinations were built around the high boost capabilites of the PSI. So what your saying is to take an engine built for 10 lbs of boost then throw 40+ lbs of boost at it and run the number.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast