Busby,
Where is there negativity, I asked for a discussion on Willis' intentions and question the reasoning behind the equipment he has upgraded to. Just because someone wants to talk about lofty goals and is not a member of the good ole boys doesn't mean there is any negativity attached. Discussions lead to knowledge transfer, which hopefully makes us all more informed and educated. We have seen the blower swap from a small roots to a PSI screw. One can only make an educated guess by looking at the original small blower setup (top pulley just a bit smaller than the bottom) and come to the conclusion it was not making a lot of boost. Now presumably without any bottom end modifications strapping on a blower that can make in excess of 40 lbs boost does not sound right. I do recall him having issues with burnt pistons in the past. Either the engine tune was really soft to begin with (which doesn't expalin the burnt pistons) or he plans not to turn up the screw charger. If the latter is the case, I don't see where he plans on making up over a full second of ET, my original question.
It's all good ... one cannot tell the tone of another's typed words ... more than one came on here and read negativity ... that's all ...
I believe that Willis was having a leaned out situation for a number of his engine melt downs ... not a boost problem ... During this build ... he has been speaking to a number of others who have made the change ... there is a lot of behind the scene stuff going on with his build (new flowed fuel system, etc.) He's doing it right ... just prolly dosen't want to post all about it.
Willis has prooven that he's not afraid to melt it down to run a good pass ... I just think he was listening to the wrong people about his set up. My opinion.