Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Blown Gas Jet - New records to be set 2006

I didn't know that PSI or any screwcharger had specific fuel applications like they do for the roots style superchargers. I know with the roots style supercharger, the clearances are tighter for alcohol/nitro and looser for gas applications.
    PSI Products:
    http://www.psisuperchargers.com/
    Overdrive restriction for screw blowers:
    PSI: 125% and Whipple: 60%

BBOJ ... I don't think that Willis is gonna give up everything in a step by step tutorial ... there are at least 3 or 4 other BGJ guys here on the boards watching this thread ... do you really think he's gonna wanna give up everything he did? I think Willis got done what he wanted to get done ... get the word out to all of the other BGJ guys that there might be a new "player" in town ... that's all ...

BigBlockOldsJet
    BBOJ ... I don't think that Willis is gonna give up everything in a step by step tutorial ... there are at least 3 or 4 other BGJ guys here on the boards watching this thread ... do you really think he's gonna wanna give up everything he did? I think Willis got done what he wanted to get done ... get the word out to all of the other BGJ guys that there might be a new "player" in town ... that's all ...
    Thanks foir the response, I fully understand your reasoning.

BigBlockOldsJet
    PSI Products:
    http://www.psisuperchargers.com/
    Overdrive restriction for screw blowers:
    PSI: 125% and Whipple: 60%
    What is the reason behind the difference in overdrive limitation between both screwchargers?

jamessampica
    Busby has the cubic inches changed in BGJ?It's 565 now so did that get changed?
    JIM S

What is the reason behind the difference in overdrive limitation between both screwchargers?
    Their internal displacement is different ... a Whipple puts out more from what Dustin told me ...

Busby has the cubic inches changed in BGJ?It's 565 now so did that get changed?
    JIM S
    Yes it has 572 for ALL blown classes

jamessampica
    Thank you very much!!!!
    JIM S

mj680
    well, i disagree with ya and i do think he was blastin' and baggin willis for past performance a bit. but, if ya never went out there, you'd never risk getting praised or pounded, now wouldja?
    from what i recall, not too many bgj guys just fell out of the womb one day and just threw their jocks on the water and ran 7.60s. somebody wants to say nelson never had any problems, well there's some news flashes you missed. jimb s went through some trials too before he got it together, and harris took at least one swim, among other things.
    ronnie, what got dan p.o'd was that he ran the 7.40 on a red light, so they wouldn't acknowledge the record. he jumped up and down a lot and never came back, but, it was in the rule book then, and in the rule book now. why? i have no idea. another one of those wierd deals. but i don't remember if that was november 00 or 01. we ran those 140 runs in 01, and there were actually several time slips that said 140+. data said boat was haulin the best it ever did that weekend, which was the last we ran it
    to set records, it takes more than just a different blower, or turning the boost up a bit, or a few new parts. all that stuff is part of it, but that just means you get to go to work now. nobody ever set a real record in a parking lot.
    Bob...You don't remember the 7.2 run that Dan Nelson ran in the the morning.
    It was the quickest run ever by a BGJ.The 7.4 run on a red lite was on the back up run in the afternoon running on 7 cylinders because he hurt a lifter on the 7.2 run. I remember that race in 2001,Jim Piccetti ran 134+ in his Comp Jet and alot of record were set.Wish those conditions would come back again . ...... Ron

bp
    Thanks
    Jim and Bobo
    The plan is to use a tuneup that we know works and has already set some eyes to the open position.
    Willis
    willis, you know you get er done. but i do hope you take your time getting there. you don't need to set the world on fire on the first pass, or at the first race. be safe.
    ron, i really don't recall the .20, maybe because we were too busy, or because of all the yellin' he did after he burnt the engine down on that .40, and they wouldn't recognize it because of the red light.
    speakin' of that, i got into a rather heated debate with an "old guard" person about a year and a half ago, right in my pit about that very same issue. his believed (and still believes, as far as i know) that the red light gave an advantage in et. this is a person, not part of our crowd, but that has been around dragboat racing for the better part of 30 years. no matter how hard i tried to explain, even draw how the timing system worked, he was adament that there was an et reduction with the red light. and i guess he had some other people convinced of it too, because the rule is still in the book.
    i dunno, maybe some of the primitive timing systems back in the stone age wouldn't start counting the lap time until the light turned green? who knows. in any event, i felt at the time dan got screwed, because that record should have been in the .40s...
    owell... btw willis, dan's boat was/is a lot heavier than yours. a lot. just be careful with that thing...