Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Blown Gas Jet - New records to be set 2006

Fiat48
    Not if the boat trips the et clock.

revndave
    you are deep in bed with that tom papp dude aernt you..
    I'm in bed too.I also own a Tom Papp boat.They are the CHIT. :crossx:

steelcomp
    Ok, Can anyone please explain how a red light helps your et?
    OK...my guess...it has somethihg to do with the trip beam(s)...by tripping the red light, is it possible that there's somehow a measurable delay in tripping the clock beam?

BigBlockOldsJet
    We're in the 7's ...
    I may have missed something but when did you run in the 7's?

I was there when they ran in the 7s at ming, they also ran 8.10 at F'bird, that should easily be in the 7s at other tracks.
    you should build your own race boat instead of being a shit starter kit when it comes to everyone elses race boats.

BigBlockOldsJet
    So now I need to have a race boat to ask questions. I am very intersted and I am currently building my own project. It is good to get good information form proven pieces rather than trying to recreate the wheel. I know that each application is different, but it is good to get some sort of baseline to work with. I understand that racers are tight lipped regarding their setups because the competition is so great within the classes. It may seem that I am a bit short when asking questions or when trying to clarify statements, I apologize.

Willis
    OK...my guess...it has somethihg to do with the trip beam(s)...by tripping the red light, is it possible that there's somehow a measurable delay in tripping the clock beam?
    Steelcomp
    If you keep this up, every body will know

steelcomp
    Steelcomp
    If you keep this up, every body will know
    Willis...sorry...just guessing. OK...I'll shut up. Let 'em figure it out for themselves.

steelcomp
    So now I need to have a race boat to ask questions. I am very intersted and I am currently building my own project. It is good to get good information form proven pieces rather than trying to recreate the wheel. I know that each application is different, but it is good to get some sort of baseline to work with. I understand that racers are tight lipped regarding their setups because the competition is so great within the classes. It may seem that I am a bit short when asking questions or when trying to clarify statements, I apologize.
    You've sort of alianated yourself from the very people that can, and will, gladly give you the answers you're looking for. Comments like "coolaid drinking" and "donut club", and your passive agressive sarcasm, ("So now I need to have a race boat to ask questions"...stuff like that) isn't going to win you any favors in this crowd. You're just going to have to invest a little time, and patience, like the rest of us. I kind of expected the same thing four years ago when I started my project, but what I found is, that there's a lot of hard work and investment of time and money by those who do have the answers, and they don't get anything in return in this sport like big payouts or sponsorships or anything like that. Ultimately, they owe nothing to anyone. You sound fairly knowledgable, so if I may, my suggestion is to just keep hanging out here. Take a step back a little, chill, and hang out. There's a ton of info here on the boards, and I'd venture to say your questions will be answered. Not all at once, and not in one thread, and certainly not on demand. Go to the races, meet the people, shake some hands, BS a little, you know. It is a tight circle, but friendly as can be, and always willing to help. I'm a newcomer, myself, so I hope I'm not out of line, and that what I'm saying is agreeable. I had my "attitude" coming in, and quickly learned that all I was going to get with that was closed doors and cold shoulders. I'm offering this in the true spirit of an extended hand.

that pretty much sums it up.
    take it for what it is Olds, if your shi t starting is that entertaining for yourself then go ahead, but if you want to get info, make friends and learn, well you have the wrong attitude.
    you dont want to be "that guy" when you tow through the pits, trust me.