Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Blown Gas Jet - New records to be set 2006

boater012
    i learned alot on this one thanks again ***boat for putting this together for all of us to use and learn from. i dont post often but i read almost every post on here i just wanted to show my appreciation for the place we all (hang out). i enjoy the back and forth but do believe that some people could be less dramatic about the way they ask questions.

BigBlockOldsJet
    that pretty much sums it up.
    take it for what it is Olds, if your shi t starting is that entertaining for yourself then go ahead, but if you want to get info, make friends and learn, well you have the wrong attitude.
    you dont want to be "that guy" when you tow through the pits, trust me.
    Why are you so uptight, there is no entertainment happening here, just trying to clarify a few things that no one else wants to ask but it seems would like to know. It's only the internet folks.
    What is wrong with asking this:
    I may have missed something but when did you run in the 7's?
    It is a simple question that didn't need a drama answer
    I was there when they ran in the 7s at ming, they also ran 8.10 at F'bird, that should easily be in the 7s at other tracks.
    Thanks for answering
    you should build your own race boat instead of being a shit starter kit when it comes to everyone elses race boats.
    No thanks for adding drama

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I just want to say....................................
    Roll it up,
    light it up,
    smoke it up,
    inhale,
    exhale..................

Willis
    I'm in bed too.I also own a Tom Papp boat.They are the CHIT. :crossx:
    Dave,
    Are still runnibg injectors?
    :idea:

Johnwithjm
    Ok, Can anyone please explain how a red light helps your et?
    Yes I think I can it helps you LOOOOOOOOOOOOSE

Brian, other than pushing yourself back further behind the rope, there is no way a red light is gonna help your et! If you know of a way, please tell us! The ET clock starts when you trip it. It can be way early or way late and make zero difference!
    Tony ... you hit the nail on the head ...
    I don't know of anyone who can do it while cutting a consistant light ...

mj680
    Tony ... you hit the nail on the head ...
    I don't know of anyone who can do it while cutting a consistant light ...
    A good ET is determended By how you leave the rope NOT when you leave the rope .You could be 5 seconds early or 5 seconds late,the ET clocks don't
    know the difference.By pushing back from the rope you make the approach longer thus you will hit the ET light at a faster speed causing a better ET.This can be done whether you leave early or late.A REDLITE does not give you a quicker ET. Ron

bp
    If I think you are talking about what I think you are talking about ... then whoever the "old guard" person is, they are correct IMO ... there is a way to ET better with one's rope leaving experience, and I think you know how ... AND ... thats why you cannot receive a record on a red light ... but that is a conversation for another day ...
    brian, they weren't correct, and there's no way to argue this point. the elapsed time starts when you cross the line, regardless of the light color. end or story. if it didn't start until the light turned green, it would NEVER start on redlight runs, and we ALL know that doesn't happen.
    if people don't want to recognize a -record pass- just because of a red light, they need to come up with a different excuse than "the elapsed time started late". that's bs, and it's not an opinion, it's bs period.
    if you don't believe it, leave on a solid next race and see if you can get yourself a 5 second time slip...

revndave
    Dave,
    Are still runnibg injectors?
    :idea:
    Not at this moment.I am putting one back on for 2006 season.