Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Blown Gas Jet - New records to be set 2006

BigBlockOldsJet
    Well ... I'm sure that Willis will chime in here sooner or later to defend ... oops, I mean discuss, his engine build with you ...
    No need, I can take the subtle hint with your jabs. It's just too bad because stimulating conversations do get people involved.
    Willis go break the record, carry on.

No need, I can take the subtle hint with your jabs. It's just too bad because stimulating conversations do get people involved.
    Willis go break the record, carry on.
    okay ... I'll play ... let's review:
    How do you plan on breaking the record which is 7.62 @ 147.03 MPH when you have an open cockpit boat that is limited to 145 MPH? Your best run from the last race was 8.8 @ 116
    Ouch ... not nice
    I also don't think that you will be turning that screwcharger fast enough to really see any benefits anyhow
    hmmm ... you already know his tune up ... and intentions ...
    you had a superchiller and you weren't turning that small roots at a high overdrive
    Um ... he ran a 1071 and 1471 ... not small roots IMO
    So what your saying is to take an engine built for 10 lbs of boost then throw 40+ lbs of boost at it and run the number.
    How do you know what his engine was built for? And to bag on his motor isn't cool IMO.
    You say he had it turned down for the last race, funny, because that was the fastest time posted for the entire year.
    and you say you're not baggin'?
    He may have the best parts money can buy for 10 lbs of boost, but they weren't designed for 40+ lbs of boost.
    Here you go again ... and you say you weren't capping on Willis' program ...
    I would just like to see more facts backing up this incredible statement.
    I'm not sure he'll answer you with all of (what we call) the negitive comments you've posted.
    Where is there negativity
    Above in your quotes and there are more to follow:
    Just because someone wants to talk about lofty goals
    I don't think he has lofty goals ... I think they are admirable.
    I don't see where he plans on making up over a full second of ET
    He's starting by taking a prooven equation ... and trying to make it happen.
    I guess we all should have a drink of the grape kool aid and be done with it. Why is it that most take the path of least resistance and follow the crowd of complacency.
    I like this one ...
    To wrap it up ... I agree that a stimulating conversation is great ... but the subtle jabs were provoked by you ... now, I am not in Willis' corner, nor am I in yours ... but is someone came out and were slamming your program, wouldn't you take a little offense? Willis is trying and you did have a little bit of negativity in the things you were typing ... maybe a different approach would have been appropriate ... like, "Hey Willis, did you have to beef up your bottom end to support that PSI?" Instead of the tone of, "Hey Willis, was a piece before ... why do you think it's gonna support the new PSI?"
    FYI ... If someone came out capping on you like that ... I'd stand in your coner just as fast as I stood in his ...
    I hope that that wasn't too subtle ...

Willis
    Hello everyone
    :argue:
    Got this thing to fire at Tom Papps place yesterday, :220v:
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-...nditsalive.gif
    Tom set the injection, barrel valve, butterfly opening and, “I can’t tell the rest”, the things people call proof.
    But if you all recall, 8.8 was not my best time and all day Saturday, we were testing the computer and other setup stuff.
    Look at the brackets 8.5, we went from a Saturday tune (9.3-9.5) to a whole .9 et increase without destroying any parts.
    http://www.njbaracing.net/results/20...rs/850_899.pdf
    But if you really want to know how fast my boat is, IÂ’ll meet you at the rope any time.
    Willis

Hello everyone
    Got this thing to fire at Tom Papps place yesterday, :220v:
    Tom set the injection, barrel valve, butterfly opening and, “I can’t tell the rest”, the things people call proof.
    But if you all recall, 8.8 was not my best time and all day Saturday, we were testing the computer and other setup stuff.
    Look at the brackets 8.5, we went from a Saturday tune to a whole .9 et increase without destroying any parts.
    http://www.njbaracing.net/results/20...rs/850_899.pdf
    But if you really want to know how fast my boat is, IÂ’ll meet you at the rope any time.
    Willis
    Looks good Willis ... good luck.

December 22 2005
    Hello Everyone !
    Looks good Willis.It appears you will get revenge on that little red and white cp river boat that gave you a hard time last race.

Willis
    MPD had that thing running . . . :idea:
    Willis

Sangster
    End of the Conversation........

BigBlockOldsJet
    Busby,
    It is real easy to go back and pick out bits and pieces of posts and wrap them up in a neat little package to suit your needs, but if you review everything said by me and others the comments do stand. It doesn't matter how the words are phrased to comment on a good ole boys project, the end result is still the same. If you don't belong to the donut club, you don't belong. I asked a simple question, I received a simple answer.

Bobbo541
    Looks good Willis good luck to you next year.

Willis
    CAN WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!
    That's for the support and that stimulating talk,
    Next year should bring out more people who are setting records, I hear that there is going to be a 481 cid in modjet, and some other interesting setups in progas too.

Thanks to all and have a great holidays.
    Willis

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast