Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are all outboards slow???

MAXIMUS
    randy77zt:
    i think mr.max needs to go for a ride in my mirage.its slow for a stock engine.it only goes a little over 100.thats with seats for 4 and full carpet. NO WAY!!! COME ON!!! Dude you expect me to believe you are goin 100+ with carpet??? jawdrop
    Barney are you readin this???

You Te
    **** outboards, there all slow.
    You Te

MAXIMUS
    You Te:
    **** outboards, there all slow.
    You Te Yea what he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAXIMUS
    I knew I could get UT to respond... took a little longer than I expected though!
    Uncle do you have carpet in your ride too

572Daytona
    No carpet in YouTe's boat...it is too hard to get the fish blood and scales out after the tournament. Not to mention the risk of getting your favorite Jig 'N' Pig snagged

Jrocket
    572Daytona:
    No carpet in YouTe's boat...it is too hard to get the fish blood and scales out after the tournament. Not to mention the risk of getting your favorite Jig 'N' Pig snagged LMAO....

Trailer Park Casanova
    The '94 and '95 Evinrude v6 outboards had several problems.
    Wrong carbs installed at the factory, incorrect stampings on the props,, the 24's are really 28's which causes a real dissapointment in performance,, but ya can't figure why.
    Also and mostly,, if ya have hard starting problems,, the igniton/timing plate may be defective.
    Replace with a new one and you'll be amazed at the change in cold start ease.
    Just my free advice that's worth what ya paid for it.
    No question, the 2 strokes are the fastest on the water,, but Huyndai quality, and astronomical repair costs,, coupled with a sound as romantic as a weedeater,,, I've finally, after 30 years,, switched to the big block Merc's.
    But god bless all of you that have them,, and you have my respect,,, No ones sunk more money into high performance 2 strokes than this kid,,, and the FI Merc's with all their "iffy" performing smog devices has cured me forever.
    The 2 cycle Merc may polute less than the 4 strokes,, but the payback is in intermitteant performance quality.
    One day great,, the next,, as atmosphereic pressure falls, or the air temp rises, your performance goes south.
    [ June 03, 2003, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

MikeC
    Hey, from my side of the fence, you Wackaa's are loosing ground!
    http://members.cox.net/realjetboats/.../rjbvideo.html
    It's fun to be a web master!

[ June 03, 2003, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: MikeC ]

Kim Hanson
    MikeC:
    Hey, from my side of the fence, you Wackaa's are loosing ground!
    http://members.cox.net/realjetboats/.../rjbvideo.html
    It's fun to be a web master!
    Well Mikey, the only one I seen that is a lake boat is " Info's " and the Mirage, no race Ob's there......( . )( . )....come on now..

MAXIMUS
    572Daytona:
    No carpet in YouTe's boat...it is too hard to get the fish blood and scales out after the tournament. Not to mention the risk of getting your favorite Jig 'N' Pig snagged LMAO!!!!!
    Ever notice how all the jet guys have the humor, & the strappers are always uptight & threatning!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast