Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: President in 08'

ULTRA26 # 1
    You know something? I sit here and read the bullshit (yours included) about how the Bush admin. has done this and done that, ruining the country etc., (in SOME instances might be true). I happen to think the autoworkers going on strike (any strikes for that matter), among other things, is far more damaging in the long run to the country and fellow Americans than some of Bushs' policies. But every so often something really ignorant gets said. Something so stupendously left field that I wonder where the HELL someone would come up with the cockamamie connection that Bush's admin. is responsible for something such as what you have asserted. How in the world do you come to the conclusion that Bush's admin. is SOLELY responsible for keeping a republican from becoming president? That's like saying the Clinton admin is totally responsible for Sept 11th, that one group of individuals define an entire party.
    Yeah, there's some really fukked up things coming out of washinton right now, but is that anything new?
    I don't agree 100% with the Bush admin. either. In fact, I'd say on average, I agree maybe 40-50%. I'm not a HUGE Bush fan anymore, but it's also not fair to condemn the entire party because of his admin. It's just not fair.
    The people have voted and it's who we have running the country. Good or bad, agree or disagree, they're in charge. I didn't and don't like Clinton even more than Bush (senior) but that's who got voted in.
    I wouldn't say Carters. admin. "turned off the lights" to future dems.
    In your defense, I would say that if people DO vote based on your thinking then voters are more confused than I thought.
    Every presidential admin. should stand or fall on it's own merit and shouldn't be cause to condemn an entire party.
    Gray Davis was truly turning the state of CA. upside down by allowing its money to be spent frivolously But that doesn't mean the ALL the dems should be condemned (well, a small percentage shouldn't be anyway ).
    Just because you're a registered Democrat doesn't mean all other Dems are like you.
    Should we write off ALL Ultra owners because of your beliefs?
    Don't answer that, you get the point--I hope
    Let's clarify some things. It isn't nor has it ever been my position that Bush represents all Republicans or the the likes of moveon.org represents the position of all Democrats. If you would look at what I posted in another thread, and past comments that I have made, you would understand that I'm not a Republican hater nor a Bush hater. I don't like much of what Bush has done but becuase of what is out there on the Democratic ticket, I may vote Republican in 08. My main opposition to Republicans is their views on war.
    I couldn't agree more about recent UAW talks about a strike against GM. Huge mistake for this Country.
    In your defense, I would say that if people DO vote based on your thinking then voters are more confused than I thought.
    Not sure what this comment is getting at.
    Every presidential admin. should stand or fall on it's own merit and shouldn't be cause to condemn an entire party.
    I completly agree.

never_fast_enuf
    My main opposition to Republicans is their views on war.
    Meaning?

asch
    we can all thank the current administration for turning off the lights to a Republican in 08.
    Is there more to the above or did I miss something, cuz I thought I was pretty clear in my reply?

ULTRA26 # 1
    My main opposition to Republicans is their views on war.
    Meaning?
    Exactly what I said. No need to be redundant

asch
    I completly agree.
    Except this adminisration right?
    So why are saying the lights are shut off to Repubs because of this admin?

asch
    Okay, not gonna beat it into the ground.
    NOW....this business about war. If YOU were president at what point would you go to war? Just curious.:idea:

never_fast_enuf
    Exactly what I said. No need to be redundant
    You made a statement and didn't follow up with what YOU believe republicans views on war happen to be. I called you on it and you still refused.
    So what do YOU think the "republican" view of war is?

ULTRA26 # 1
    Except this adminisration right?
    So why are saying the lights are shut off to Repubs because of this admin?
    I thought I said that I leaned toward voting Republican in 08.
    You made a statement and didn't follow up with what YOU believe republicans views on war happen to be. I called you on it and you still refused.
    So what do YOU think the "republican" view of war is?
    Republicans appear to be much more willing to use military force, than I view as appropriate. I viewed our military action Afghanistan as proper and our actions in Iraq as improper. My view has not changed. We need to get the fock out of Iraq, sooner than later

never_fast_enuf
    Republicans appear to be much more willing to use military force, than I view as appropriate. I viewed our military action Afghanistan as proper and our actions in Iraq as improper. My view has not changed. We need to get the fock out of Iraq, sooner than later
    Tell me how many democrats voted against the use of force in Iraq?
    Before 911, I would have been marching in lockstep with you. Post 911 is a completely different story. I could argue that democrats no longer have the will to win a war and are willing to sacrifice long term stability for short term political gain. I could also argue that democrats are not willing to take on difficult tasks in order to ensure we are doing everything to protect this nation against those that will go to any lengths to tear it down.
    Do you not find it odd that it is almost impossible to distinguish between a democrat's speech on the war and a terrorist speech on the war?
    How far SHOULD we go to protect this nation?

ULTRA26 # 1
    Tell me how many democrats voted against the use of force in Iraq?
    Before 911, I would have been marching in lockstep with you. Post 911 is a completely different story. I could argue that democrats no longer have the will to win a war and are willing to sacrifice long term stability for short term political gain. I could also argue that democrats are not willing to take on difficult tasks in order to ensure we are doing everything to protect this nation against those that will go to any lengths to tear it down.
    Do you not find it odd that it is almost impossible to distinguish between a democrat's speech on the war and a terrorist speech on the war?
    How far SHOULD we go to protect this nation?
    You asked me how I viewed things and I answered.
    Protect this nation from what?
    Is the US safer as a result of the war in Iraq? Like the General answered " I don't know"
    Democrats and Republicans alike, want this war over ASAP.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast