Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: President in 08'

asch
    Protect this nation from what?
    Are you serious? 6 years man, SIX friggin years and no attacks on US soil. Just how do you think that's been possible?
    Someone's doing something right.
    John, you need to realize there's an age old conflict going on around the world. It centers around Israelis and the Arabs in Palestine. Every attack or bombing in the name of "jihad" or Islam is a DIRECT extension of that conflict. Believe it or not, this "war" probably isn't going to end anytime in the near future especially if you study the history of the conflict and get to know it. It is arguable that all human history has revolved around it in some form or another. What we have experienced on 9/11 is just an intensification of that conflict ie overt warfare on OUR soil. Beating back these radical Islamists, wherever that may be, is the only logical response to keep them at a minmum. It's been going on many, many centuries. It's been slowed, at times, most notably after WWI. The collapse of the Ottoman empire was a victory for the west.
    I would highly recommend 'The Crisis of Islam' by Bernard Lewis. Not an easy read but you can get an audio book version from iTunes. It's only about 6 or so hours.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1190870839
    I you haven't already, take a look at 'Obsession'. Do a google video search. There's a short 39 minute version of it.
    Is the US safer as a result of the war in Iraq? Like the General answered " I don't know"
    Stupid response. That goes without saying.
    Democrats and Republicans alike, want this war over ASAP.
    Uhh... not all.
    Concerning "Bush's administration turning the lights off to a republican president" you said you're leaning towards the republican side in 08. To that I say ...
    I still don't know where you get off blaming Bush for this.

Boatcop
    In response to why the Democrats don't debate on FOXNEWS, and very few even appear on it for an interviews.
    It is directly due to MoveOn/DailyKos threats against the Democrat candidates. It has nothing to do with increasing FOX ratings. They already have higher ratings than CNN, MSNBC, and CNBC combined. Hell, Hannity and Combs drew more viewership than the Dem debate on MSNBC for the same time slot last Wednesday.
    And regarding illegals voting, have you seen how opposed to Voter ID laws the Democrats are? Wherever the voters have put such laws in place, the Dems and their cronies at the ACLU have filed legal challenges saying it's not fair to "poor folks" who may not have access to picture IDs, or the money to "buy" one from the Govt. WTF! You need photo ID for food stamps. You need photo ID for a bank account. You need a photo ID for Medicaid. You need a photo ID to get a frickin' Video Rental Card for Christ sakes. And States have procedures in place to get a photo ID free of charge. It only costs $12 bucks for an Arizona ID card. (Free if 65 or older)
    No. The Dems opposition to Voter ID laws is all about keeping the Illegal Immigrant vote, who overwhelmingly vote Democrat. It will come to no one's surprise (except maybe the Democrat's) when the voter turn-out for Dems is way down in the state's that have Voter ID laws.
    Democrats always cry "Voter Fraud" and "disenfranchisement" whenever they lose a State or Precinct that they felt they should have won. But it always turns out that the only fraud ever discovered is on the Democrat side.

Old Texan
    In response to why the Democrats don't debate on FOXNEWS, and very few even appear on it for an interviews.
    It is directly due to MoveOn/DailyKos threats against the Democrat candidates. It has nothing to do with increasing FOX ratings. They already have higher ratings than CNN, MSNBC, and CNBC combined. Hell, Hannity and Combs drew more viewership than the Dem debate on MSNBC for the same time slot last Wednesday.
    And regarding illegals voting, have you seen how opposed to Voter ID laws the Democrats are? Wherever the voters have put such laws in place, the Dems and their cronies at the ACLU have filed legal challenges saying it's not fair to "poor folks" who may not have access to picture IDs, or the money to "buy" one from the Govt. WTF! You need photo ID for food stamps. You need photo ID for a bank account. You need a photo ID for Medicaid. You need a photo ID to get a frickin' Video Rental Card for Christ sakes. And States have procedures in place to get a photo ID free of charge. It only costs $12 bucks for an Arizona ID card. (Free if 65 or older)
    No. The Dems opposition to Voter ID laws is all about keeping the Illegal Immigrant vote, who overwhelmingly vote Democrat. It will come to no one's surprise (except maybe the Democrat's) when the voter turn-out for Dems is way down in the state's that have Voter ID laws.
    Democrats always cry "Voter Fraud" and "disenfranchisement" whenever they lose a State or Precinct that they felt they should have won. But it always turns out that the only fraud ever discovered is on the Democrat side.
    Voter registration cards should have photos. It's a priviledge to be a legal United States citizen and only legal United States citizen should have the "right" to vote in USA elections.
    I'd sure like to see the results of the people's vote on the Photo Voter ID issue, bet it would pass in a landslide.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Sounds like Republicans are beginning to prepare to cry fraud about an election that is over a year away.
    IMO, all voters should be be required to show VALID PHOTO ID at the polling place.

centerhill condor
    Voter registration cards should have photos. It's a priviledge to be a legal United States citizen and only legal United States citizen should have the "right" to vote in USA elections.
    I'd sure like to see the results of the people's vote on the Photo Voter ID issue, bet it would pass in a landslide.
    You got that right. In Tennessee everybody has to show ID to buy tobacco and alcohol...even my old grey head! I think they're trying to get you accustomed to showing ID...as in National ID.
    It would greatly eliminate the fraud that Dems claim in the last 8 years. Maybe that's why they don't put it forth on the legislative docket.
    CC

SmokinLowriderSS
    Maybe that is why the Democrats keep FIGHTING "show photo ID to vote" laws arround the nation. :idea:
    I'm sure ultra could "investigate" a comparison of Republicans vs. Democrats charged with and convicted of Election Frauds, if he was paid to.
    It wouldn't be "trivial" then. :idea:
    Every time I "investigate" it, I seem to find about 20:1 democrats committing election fraud.
    'Course, ultra knows Bush stole 2 elections too. :sqeyes:
    Too bad he didn't explain it to the F.E.C. Too trivial I guess. :sleeping:

ULTRA26 # 1
    Maybe that is why the Democrats keep FIGHTING "show photo ID to vote" laws arround the nation. :idea:
    I'm sure ultra could "investigate" a comparison of Republicans vs. Democrats charged with and convicted of Election Frauds, if he was paid to.
    It wouldn't be "trivial" then. :idea:
    Every time I "investigate" it, I seem to find about 20:1 democrats committing election fraud.
    'Course, ultra knows Bush stole 2 elections too. :sqeyes:
    Too bad he didn't explain it to the F.E.C. Too trivial I guess. :sleeping:

Hope you are enjoying your WEEKEND.
    IMO, all voters should be be required to show VALID PHOTO ID at the polling place.

HOSS
    I for one am voting for a black man.
    Wanna know my reasoning? Its a 2 part answer.
    1) Get one in so we don`t have to hear why there hasn`t been.
    2) So I can say, " I told you so!".
    I`m down with O.J., Rodney and James Brown. Hell, I`m even tryin` to figure out a way to get free money from the guvment. So don`t tell me I`m a racist.
    You know what? Crack is WACK!:sqeyes:

SmokinLowriderSS
    Seems like as good a set of reasons as any HOSS.
    At least as good as the folks offering to vote for Hillary because she's rumored to be female.
    At least that'll shut up some folks the NEXT time arround.

Old Texan
    60 Minutes had an interview with Clarence Thomas last night. A great American Man that doesn't view life or his decisions from a racial point of view. He is a "man" who happens to be black.
    The biggest oppositions he has faced is from a large portion of the black community that feels he is a traitor because he hasn't used his prominent poistion to predjudisiously further the Black cause. He has treated everyone equally, not showing favoritism towards Blacks. And this attitude has pissed off many, notably Rev Al.
    Funny how those who cry the loudness about how unfair life is, are also the ones crying loudest for an advantage above others.........:idea:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast