Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CT Boaters??

h2oboy
    Just moved to CT from AZ where I was an active member of the forums.... Looking to connect with some others on the lake..... I know the season is coming to the end, but still think I have a few good weekends left.... If you boat in CT please let me know some of the hang outs... I seem to be missing the western hangouts with loud music and a lot of skin... I can not be the only one looking for the hotspots!!!! Soon I am going to have to make my own!!!!

burbanite
    Well, you live about 6 miles from me on the shores of Candlewood Lake, (I am on Candlewood Isle), so chances are you will see or rather hear me out sometimes, 21' old school looking Schiada, I keep my boat on the lake at Knollcrest.
    I try to keep a low profile as the Lake Patrol/Lake Authority are out in force and I am way over the limit on noise. Candlewood is the most under used, over patrolled lake I have ever seen. One of these days I am going to make the short tow over to Lake Lillinonah, (actually part of the Housatonic River), just beyond New Milford/Brookfield as I hear there are some quick boats that run over there.
    Not many "hot" boats around here, a few OS types on the lake but so far they are all full of noise, decals and give up when they find out they can't catch me.... . You won't find too much loud music and even less "skin" around here though, different kind of place. I did see an outboard tunnel out here a few weeks back but I was parked up and not in a position to chase him down. Spend a lot of time in a buddies wooden boat, 30' Hutchinson which you will no doubt see around.
    There is only one place on the whole lake to boat up to eat and drink, "Down The Hatch", as you head back toward the Southern end, over on the East side by Echo Bay Marina.

blown428fe
    Just moved to CT from AZ where I was an active member of the forums.... Looking to connect with some others on the lake..... I know the season is coming to the end, but still think I have a few good weekends left.... If you boat in CT please let me know some of the hang outs... I seem to be missing the western hangouts with loud music and a lot of skin... I can not be the only one looking for the hotspots!!!! Soon I am going to have to make my own!!!!
    I dont think youll find anything like out west here in CT. Icould be wrong but in my 20 + yrs of boating I havnt seen it. The river over here is also way over patrolled, we have coast guard up here now.

blown428fe
    Man I hate to say it but its nice to see rain again, my lawn is fried.

burbanite
    I dont think youll find anything like out west here in CT. Icould be wrong but in my 20 + yrs of boating I havnt seen it. The river over here is also way over patrolled, we have coast guard up here now.
    Where do you normally hang out?

blown428fe
    Between Portland and Cromwell on the CT. river. Im going out this week for first time this season. Had some medical issues this summer. Heres a pic from last season during the week and there aint a boat in site.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...oat-6_0011.jpg

blown428fe

h2oboy
    Although I sold my 1979 Southwind jet before moving here (was pretty sure I could get more money out there) I still have the ***boat in me... We bought a cobalt when we arrived here in CT as it seemed to fit the style more.... Wish there was a place all the party could happen... Guess we could start to pump this website and get others with the same addiction into a meet or something similar...
    I am sure we could get a good tie up going, and maybe more people will join the fun of boating instead of the stuck up ways of hanging out and not talking... (whats with that??) Seems to be tuff to find the group just out on the lake for a really good time....
    If you ever see me, I am sure to have a large cooler full of Coors Light and possible a bottle under the seat..... Teal and White 22' Cobalt named "Dream Jewel II"

burbanite
    I am going to be on the lake Friday afternoon and Saturday sometime as I am going out of town Sunday, this is me...
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6Schiada2.jpg
    We sometimes hang out behind Rock Island, on the New Milford arm, it is on the right heading North. Others are at the rope swing next to Green Island on the Sherman arm and the sandbar always has people parked up.
    As you have heard, it is heavy with Marine Patrol and the CLA who often use their own private boats and you never know they are on to you until the blue light comes on.... As a result I tend to leave my drinking until later, I might have a couple over the course of a day if I am driving but because I draw so much attention I play it safe.
    Not many days left on the water for me as I travel a lot so this weekend I am definitely going out so if you see me wave out and I will look out for you.

h2oboy
    Well that is good to know that they have "undercover" patrol boats.... Geezzzz.. What was I thinking moving to such a strict state... JK
    I am trying to make it out on Saturday as well, might be alone, but I am with you with limited time left.... Not like AZ where we boated almost year round... I will keep an eye out... Defenently nice to know there is atleast 2 people in CT which check out ***boats.com....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast