Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SDO real estate???

We are looking to buy a vacation home in SDO. What cities or areas would be better? I would also like rv parking so I can take my boat there. I know nothing bout SDO except the regular tourist stuff. What kind of price ranges could I expect?
    So much for buying a Cigarette..............
    Try this link
    http://www.realtor.com/sandiego/nbre...ca&poe=realtor
    San Diego Real Estate - Find Homes in San Diego at REALTOR.com

Jordy
    I can only imagine what it's worth now..............
    Looks like you're buying a Cigarette...

BadKachina
    Looks like you're buying a Cigarette...
    She's really not interested in my boat buying fantasy at this time........I gotta play the vacation house thing out first, plus my parents are on board so this could be a really sweet deal for me.

BadKachina
    Try this link
    http://www.realtor.com/sandiego/nbre...ca&poe=realtor
    San Diego Real Estate - Find Homes in San Diego at REALTOR.com
    So what areas of town are nice, but not Beverly Hills nice and not on the beach but not an hour from the beach? Maybe even a condo and I could store my boat at a marina.

socalmoney
    Here is my advice.
    Get this guys news letter and book and study up
    http://www.realestatetiming.com/
    Then start driving around SD and figure out the neighborhoods you would like to live in. Get a map and start plotting all the sales so you know where things are headed. Get a hold of a good foreclosure list for the area or a real estate pro who knows the area. Have cash in hand and just wait. If you do your homework, you will find the perfect place for a price you will be very happy with. You will need to dedicate a lot of time to research if you want it to work for the best.
    You could also attend these meetings. Lots of good info and leads.
    http://sdcia.com/

DeltaSigBoater
    So what areas of town are nice, but not Beverly Hills nice and not on the beach but not an hour from the beach? Maybe even a condo and I could store my boat at a marina.
    Mission Valley is a very nice area - 15 minute drive to the beach/Mission Bay/Boat Launch, Qualcomm Stadium, Trolley Station, Mission Valley Mall, Fashion Valley Mall 5 minutes, Costco, Restaurants, Old Town 10 minute drive, 15 Minutes to Airport/Downtown, just to name a few.
    Look West of San Diego State (off I-8, East of I-15), East of I-5 (since you dont want to be near the beach), North of I-8 (Trust Me On This), and South of the 52.

I lived in La Jolla 25 years ago, so much has changed and since I do not know your needs, I really can be of little or no help. I have been considering Bonsall myself.

BadKachina
    Look West of San Diego State (off I-8, East of I-15), East of I-5 (since you dont want to be near the beach), North of I-8 (Trust Me On This), and South of the 52.
    Thanks for the ideas. I would love to be on the beach, but I doubt I could swing it. Being a few minutes away will be fine though. Most of all being able to escape the 110+ degree temperatures of Phoenix in the summer, even if it's just on the weekends, will be amazing...........

Jordy
    Most of all being able to escape the 110+ degree temperatures of Phoenix in the summer, even if it's just on the weekends, will be amazing...........
    It actually sucks. We had the Balboa Island house for July and August and every weekend it got harder and harder to come back to Phoenix. Not to mention the commute. Oh, and the change in climate is enough to get ya sick as well. Going from 112 to 78 and back to 112 in a couple days time just about kicked my ass. I'm still kind of fighting it.

Outnumbered
    If you get a place an hour in from the coast you will not get much relief from the heat. Even though it will be 10 degrees cooler it will feel just as bad with the humidity (SoCal peeps may not think it is humid there but after living here and going back you can really feel it). The only way you will get the real relief is to be very close to the coast and that means $$$.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast