Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: v-drive cat

Marty Gras
    I think it will work! We'll see.

Ronnie
    Phebus
    Here some pictures of my 21', 1985 Couger Tunnel. I bought it directly from the factory as a bare hull. I did the entire build. It is fast, runs strait and stable at all speeds. The faster you run the more air it packs and the smoother the ride. Great in rough water. It is the favorite of my three boats. I hope the pictures are OK.
    Ron

phebus
    Thank you very much for posting the pictures. The rigging looks awesome.

Michael2000
    Ron, beautiful boat!
    Michael

RiverDave
    I have driven a 1500 HP, 19 foot tunnel v drive. I can tell you that it is scary, and im not sure you could ever make it work properly. There is way too much bow lift and I dont think there is enough surface on the back of the boat to put a large enough cav. plate to launch it under power.
    Having said that, I think if you got the v drive in the right place and got the prop shaft angle right, It could work in a 25 foot cat. Wish I had the bucks to develop it. It would likely be way stronger than the shit outdrives currently available:jawdrop:
    I'll turn wrenches if someone wants to try it
    Minor changes can make huge differences in V-Drives.. A different prop might've solved all those problems. Or perhaps the strut angle / V-Drive placement was wrong? Something like that takes alot of experimentation, lots of experience, and dare I say some voodoo, and luck thrown in for good measure.. But there's lots of guys out there that can set one up that'd run..
    RD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234