Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Valve Question

Sleeper CP
    ]I needed to fix that stumble on the primary side w/ a larger p/v, currently it is a 4.5. ????? :idea:[/B]
    The P/V number will deliver the same amount of fuel just sooner.(not bigger) just opens later.
    Accelerator pump 30cc vs 50cc or squirters for stumble. :idea:
    I found gaskets to be a pain in the ass on our alum heads. VHT High Heat Silicone black or orange works great with studs and brass nuts.
    Sleeper CP

ghittner
    What you are wanting to do is exactly what the PV is designed for.
    Another term for that circuit is the power enrichment or economizer circuit.
    The number on the PV is how much vacuum it takes to keep it CLOSED. No fuel flowing from that circuit.
    To adjust it properly you need to cruise your boat at the throttle position you want it to be economical. Measure the intake vacuum and make sure you have a PV that will remain shut at that vacuum.
    Most text books have you measure idle vacuum and pick a PV that is a specific number away from that value. The reason for this is most people can only measure their intake vacuum with the engine idling and them not driving.
    Your dyno sheet tells you what vacuum you have at those RPM's but at wide open throttle.
    I don't care what anyone says the PV cannot affect idle mixture. Unless it is blown. Ruptured and leaking.
    The PV dumps into (supplements)the main circuit after the jets and the main circuit is not flowing any fuel at idle.
    The only fuel at idle is coming from the idle circuit and is independent from the main circuit.
    EXACTLY!!! I cannot disagree with a thing you've said. Poyfect explanation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12