Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Pedro or Lake Oroville ????

Troubles No More
    Im looking for some feedback on Forever Houseboats and two Lakes.
    IÂ’m try to plan our July/Aug summer vacation and I have never been to the below lakes, how are for skiing, the weather etc.
    Do you have any information on the below lakes or the Forever houseboats?
    ThanksÂ…Â…..
    Lake Don Pedro Marina
    Lake Oroville Marina
    Moccasin Point Marina on Don Pedro

MOBrien
    flip a coin. both are great lakes. you can't go wrong either way.

Desert Rat
    Im looking for some feedback on Forever Houseboats and two Lakes.
    IÂ’m try to plan our July/Aug summer vacation and I have never been to the below lakes, how are for skiing, the weather etc.
    Do you have any information on the below lakes or the Forever houseboats?
    ThanksÂ…Â…..
    Lake Don Pedro Marina
    Lake Oroville Marina
    Moccasin Point Marina on Don Pedro
    I like Moccasin point on Pedro. Nice place. Less traffic up on that end of the lake too.

tempestguy
    moc. point at Don Pedro is Great... we did a house boat for ten days last august and we will probably do it again this year... the staff is great the house boats are in great condition and the lake is awsome... I myself water ski so I would have to say that don pedro is my favorite lake

Rocket-J
    Oroville is about 3 hrs farther away from you. It is bigger and more arms to travel but I think Moccasin Pt. is as nice a place to stay as you can find. Sometimes, when we have a few days to stay, we will take a day trip from Don Pedro and go to Lake New Melones or Lake McClure. Both are fairly close to Don Pedro and have wounderful sceinery. That is a beautiful area to boat and you won't be dissappionted. Have fun. Al

GoCiggie31
    Both very nice lakes-close to same shoreline length, but more surface water at Oroville-not noticable in numbers, but when boating on a holiday, very obvious.
    Pedro=160 miles of shoreline, 13k surf acres feet
    Oroville=167 miles of shoreline, 15k surf acres feet
    Both have very nice Campgrounds, IMO Pedro a little nicer grounds(as stated above ) and bathrooms are better maintained in general-Moccosin Pt.
    Oroville is 70 miles North of Sac so it doesn't seem to get as busy as Petro. Oroville is spread out and has some very nice changes in scenery from different parts of the Lake- From Pine trees and large canyons to sparce manzinitas and very hot climates in deep summer. Water temp in the fingers get to very high 70's. and lots-a-fish.
    Bidwill marina quaint fairly quiet Good stop between Lime Saddle and Feather Falls (awesome-don't miss and watch your depth)
    Oroville Dam higher than hoover Dam and a fun tour available.
    When I use to live in S.J. always prefered to drive the extra miles for Oroville because of less traffic on the lake- huge launch ramps.
    Both great to enjoy.

Take the extra 2 hour and go to shasta. you could put both of those lakes in shasta. But I agree flip a coin. both of those lakes are nice.

Troubles No More
    Everyone, thanks for the response
    I have been to Shasta, Powell, Mohave, Mead, Havasu and the river. I just want to explore some different lakes.

Ive heard bullards bar is nice. Ive never been. Its outside ove grass valley. N E of sac.

Orange Gasm
    Have you been to Pine Flat lake east of fresno

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast