Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pop Off Valves Miersh

pattymelt18
    That's right, I forgot about Tom. Wasn't that a injected nitro engine. I just remember talking to Rick Green about that thing and they kept killing the cranks almost at every race. What about the Cotton Candy boat. What class did it run in?
    yes it was injected nitro now i think its his grandson who drives like bob said they run in the 9s .

there are only a few UBFJ's that have (recently) and can run in the 7's
    I think you might see a few new guys dip in the 7s at the next 2 Bakersfield races, they have been getting quicker all season and the conditions will only get better, will be entertaining to see who makes it into the 7 sec club.. More importantly hope everyone stays safe, running in the 7s in a jetboat is insane.
    For the record Ive seen the Mamba run in the 7.9s before.
    Ok carry on with the drama...

yes it was injected nitro now i think its his grandson who drives like bob said they run in the 9s .
    Can you imagine someone putting in a modern injected nitro motor like you see in TAD in a tunnell boat, that would be BAD ASS.
    Rob Burklin in the red boat, Ive seen it run in the 9.30s before, may have ran better, not sure.. We raced him in the White Knight and I met him at the outramp, nice guy.

bp
    What about the Cotton Candy boat. What class did it run in?
    ubfj you can still see it at this site: http://www.citlink.net/~norwall/CottonCandy.HTML
    that was an "old" stealth layup, like fast freddies. very smooth.

McIntyrelocal
    [QUOTE=cs19;2802615]Can you imagine someone putting in a modern injected nitro motor like you see in TAD in a tunnell boat, that would be BAD ASS.
    yeah it was some food for thought for us,just to get a reaction in the lagoon we'll see next year.

jweeks123
    ... Ask Jim Guthrie how far our Boats was behind Jerry's Record Run of 7.46 ... Less than 1/2 a boat ... so you do the Calc.'s ... bakersfield, ca, oct 20-21 2007 would be the time to walk the walk.
    the ubfj class gets better every race
    jw

sdpm
    Can you imagine someone putting in a modern injected nitro motor like you see in TAD in a tunnell boat, that would be BAD ASS.
    Rob Burklin in the red boat, Ive seen it run in the 9.30s before, may have ran better, not sure.. We raced him in the White Knight and I met him at the outramp, nice guy.
    You are going to see one in a flat real soon!

You are going to see one in a flat real soon!
    Really? Lets hear about it already.

sdpm
    It's not really a secret, But I don't think I am going to say anything just yet. You guys might even see it at the next NJBA race for some test and tune. It should be real interesting to say the least.

It's not really a secret, But I don't think I am going to say anything just yet. You guys might even see it at the next NJBA race for some test and tune. It should be real interesting to say the least.
    umm ... per NJBA's rule book, #3 in the Fuel section clearly states that flat bottom v-drive boats may not run nitromethane ...
    sorry to rain on the parade, but it's my job ... don't kill the mailman, I don't make the rules, just enforce them.
    Sorry ... I hope that I am reading this wrong & there is some miscommunication and it's a really big alcohol injected motor

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast