Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 21 Daytona Outboard Conversion To Jet?

Anyone Have Any 1st Hand Info On Someting Like That? Tom R-u Out There Any Inherent Problems With Something That? I Realize The Transom Is Going To Be Overkill In It. Its An 81' ,did They Ever Change The Daytona Through The Years (hull Wise) Or Are They All Cookie Cutter ?(1980-2000) Do You Think 4k Is Too Much? For A Boat With No Motor.

jungledave
    Anyone Have Any 1st Hand Info On Someting Like That? Tom R-u Out There Any Inherent Problems With Something That? I Realize The Transom Is Going To Be Overkill In It. Its An 81' ,did They Ever Change The Daytona Through The Years (hull Wise) Or Are They All Cookie Cutter ?(1980-2000) Do You Think 4k Is Too Much? For A Boat With No Motor.I think you beat me to that boat

IT'S STILL FOR SALE(I THINK) YOU SHOULD BUT IT AND PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY.

jungledave
    IT'S STILL FOR SALE(I THINK) YOU SHOULD BUT IT AND PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY. I can't find it again.

Hmmm. So I Should Do It Then. Haha:d

Big Kahunaa
    i have been thinking the same thing

1968Droptop
    I'm by no means an expert on 21''s. But from what I understand they were all set up for an I/O or an outboard from the git go. My transome is 3/4" thick plywood with glass over that. Overkill for sure, but that's one of the many things that makes 'em stable in the chop.
    4K doesn't sound to terrible. Condition of the hull ? Does that include interior ? Guessing it's right hand drive ? There'll be a lot of parts to by to convert it, but it can be done. A thrifty person should be able to source out a lot of parts used if your not in a hurry to get it done. You'll have to have the intake set by someone who know's what they're doing and is familar with where the 21's like 'em.

Hi 68-drop. It's Here On Spam Seems Like It Was A Left Hand Dr But I Could Be Wrong. It's In Cali. And I'm Here In Utah. So All I've Seen Is The Pic. I Asked For Some Pics Of The Bottom And Transom And Haven't Seen Em Yet. I Could Afford It Now.(loan) But I'd Feel Better About Buying It If I Could Sell The Wagon I Have On Spam.(need The Garage Room Too). Do Dominators And Berks Use The Same Intakes.

I Know They Have To Be Cut In. But Where Would You Buy One (intake)? Or Are They Homegrown???? I Know There Are No Shoes And Loaders For My Panther .but How Many(good) Types Of Dif. Intakes Are There.? If Your Starting From Scratch.

QuickJet
    By the time you spent the time and money making it a jet + the cost of the boat, you would have over 10 grand in the hull and it still wouldn't have an engine. If you want a jet boat, buy a jet boat.
    I'd clamp a big inch Merc on the back of that thing and go kick some Jet boat's ass before I'd convert it to a jet.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast