Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 21 Daytona Outboard Conversion To Jet?

1968Droptop
    Hi Guys .68- Drop Or Outlaw Or Anyone. Whats The Capacity Of A 21 Daytona. Just Curious My Tahati 18' Bubble Is 600 Lbs. Yikes.
    I think it's 850#'s.

Thanks Chris. WHEN I POSTED 600 LB THATS GEAR , BEER ECT . MY WIFE HATES MY TAHITI IT'S TOO SMALL ITS TOO LOUD ,BLA BLA BLA. Unfortunatly For My Broke - Sorry Ass,this Is My Price Range.(3.5k Not35k) And I Love Projects.

Look at Wet77's daytona, clean boat with or without motor
    you would have almost 18k tied up in converting this one.

bigblockbill
    I sold a 1981 21ft daytona a few years ago. It was originally an I/O boat that was converted to a jet. The transom was thick... don't remember how thick but thick. It was a very heavy lake layup, and rode great. Get the intake set right and you're good to go.
    No Clamp on's in my garage... They may be fast but just are not cool. Like the Harley guys say, "Loud Pipes Save Lives"

1968Droptop
    Thanks Chris. WHEN I POSTED 600 LB THATS GEAR , BEER ECT . MY WIFE HATES MY TAHITI IT'S TOO SMALL ITS TOO LOUD ,BLA BLA BLA. Unfortunatly For My Broke - Sorry Ass,this Is My Price Range.(3.5k Not35k) And I Love Projects.
    My wife wasn't a big fan of my old `76 Sanger Custom Sprint (bubble deck). She didn't like the jolting ride in the chop, or the cramped quarters. I can say that the Daytona has her smiling ear to ear though.
    I can REALLY understand the project love. That's my weakness as well. I see the finished result when I look at something, and nothing more. I know I've got the skills, but finding the time is always a challenge. I'm about to start a `79 F-350 CrewCab 4X4 project......what am I thinking :sqeyes:
    Like I stated earlier, if you've got lot's of time then it's doable. You can lay out less cash now, and build it as the $$$ allow. But as you know, lot's of peeps have lots of projects that don't get finished. They end up putting endless $$$ into it, burn out on it, and sell it for a big loss. My only suggestion is to look deep inside yourself and ask if you will really finish it ?

I Know What Your Sayin Chris. (wish I Knew How To Do That Quote Thing) I Still Have My Other Boat So I'm In No Huge Rush. If I Ever Get Better At This Posting Stuff. I'll Post A Pics Of The 77 Trans Am I Bought For 600 Bucks And Fixed Up And Sold For A Whopin 4k Haha. Anyway I Know If I Get It It'll Be A Long Road.

So What Jet Should I Put In Her? I Wish I Knew A Little More About.............. Well, Everything Berk Split Bowl ,ab Jc I Don't Know Or Should I Not Go Berk? How Simular Are All The Intakes For Different Pumps. Is There's Panther Then Everything Else? I Know I'm A Dumb Ass

http://www.millenniumpowerboats.com/...17&Itemi d=28
    I was looking at these before I found my Daytonahttp://www.millenniumpowerboats.com/images/stories/Boat_pics/21'tunnel-blues.jpg
    Do you know were this 21' w/ the Black Hawk outdrive is?

superdave013
    not knocking the jets at all but I'll tell you one thing.
    Getting behind the wheel of a 19 ~ 21' tunnel with good running outboard it F'in bad ass! Havasu Barney let me drive his and I loved it. Not as quick as a jet. But with a right out of the box Pro Max 300 it would run in the 90's and you could keep it pinned until you ran out of river.

roscoe p coltraine
    not knocking the jets at all but I'll tell you one thing.
    Getting behind the wheel of a 19 ~ 21' tunnel with good running outboard it F'in bad ass! Havasu Barney let me drive his and I loved it. Not as quick as a jet. But with a right out of the box Pro Max 300 it would run in the 90's and you could keep it pinned until you ran out of river.
    Problem is these guys wont ever learn.Rather dump alot of cash into aj et and get smoked by an outboard.
    round here the local bass boats pack a 250 hp o/b and run at 70 all day put a low end prop and they get on plane fast but only top out at 55 get them 300xs on or on of them 2.5s they get up and go into the 80s easily.Most are are 2.5s anyways minus the 300 pro maxs they are different motors to begin with but the 2.5 blocks can be made to push some good power from the get go.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast