Thread: Info on Lavey Craft Sidewinder hull

Nailhead
    I found a Lavey Craft Sidewinder hull for sale and would like info on how the are or were. Handling, set-up etc. The boat does look to be set-up well was an old race boat back in the day. Set-up for BBC with drive off the balancer. Looks like it would be fun for the nosti class. Any info would be great. Thanks

stickmann
    How cool is that! Lavey Sidewinders were the top dog in ERR, SK and SS in the middle to late '70's.

CircleJerk
    Two names for you to look up: Ron Quayar, Robert Clune. The Gritch won't talk, I used him up!

FLATS ONLY
    Has anybody ever heard of " The Lavey Limp" They worked and had a few records but there were quite a few people hurt in these boats. If they worked real good they would still be using them!

CircleJerk
    Has anybody ever heard of " The Lavey Limp" They worked and had a few records but there were quite a few people hurt in these boats. If they worked real good they would still be using them!
    Everyones heard of it! However, No one was killed behind the wheel of one! Were you at Burley? Ever hear of the 'nutmegger' or Sundowner, or One More Time Around or HoterCanary SS701, Sweet Caroline, Carol Ann, Crystal Blue, Bored Centsless? These are a few still running and quite fast. And the 'Limp' you mentioned is WAY less embarrassing than a 'Brain Fart'! Truthfully, there arent many talented drivers left with balls! You might want to check out Northwest Nostalgia. Jerry has a video called, Nosties.

FLATS ONLY
    Everyones heard of it! However, No one was killed behind the wheel of one! Were you at Burley? Ever hear of the 'nutmegger' or Sundowner, or One More Time Around or HoterCanary SS701, Sweet Caroline, Carol Ann, Crystal Blue, Bored Centsless? These are a few still running and quite fast. And the 'Limp' you mentioned is WAY less embarrassing than a 'Brain Fart'! Truthfully, there arent many talented drivers left with balls! You might want to check out Northwest Nostalgia. Jerry has a video called, Nosties.
    What I was saying is these boats were fast and did hold some records. If they were a desirable boat for todays racing then you would see more of them. Your nostalgia thing is great and I have seen them run. I dont no about the brain fart thing but I do know I have been around this sport for along time. When they stoped using these boats there were still quite a few talented drivers with balls

Nailhead
    I have seen a few pictures of them running in the Northwest. I know the B-boats are superior these days but I'm just looking for a play boat when the kids aren't with us. I'm trying to work with the owner of the boat to come to an agreement on a price for the boat minus engine. Shipping the thing from Connecticut to California is another story.

CircleJerk
    I have seen a few pictures of them running in the Northwest. I know the B-boats are superior these days but I'm just looking for a play boat when the kids aren't with us. I'm trying to work with the owner of the boat to come to an agreement on a price for the boat minus engine. Shipping the thing from Connecticut to California is another story.
    I think I know the boat you are referring to. We might sell my wifes L-boat which is in Washington which is a way shorter tow! She says Grandmas like herself should slow down a little! Maybe a Jones or a b-boat might fill the bill.....