Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BITZ runnerbottom opinions

bubbletop409
    Anyone out there have any information to share on a 2002 Bitz runnerbottom splashed off a Kurtis? Thanks for any info, Larry.

sdpm
    Joe Shelfo at Precision Craft Marine can most likely answer all your questions on Bitz Boats. I will find his # and edit my post here with it. PRECISION CRAFT MARINE 707-864-0332

Hey Larry,
    I used to have a Bitz Runnerbottom. If you have any info on the boat your looking at, post it on here and we can see if we have any info on it. It if is a bare hull, the bottom of the Bitz's need much much work. If you are looking to have a boat built by Bitz, RUN FULL SPEED THE OTHER DIRECTION
    The Abyss was the quickest and fastest BITZ ever made. Keith Rhodes owns it and has a brand new Bitz he is selling.
    Nice meeting you in San Diego,
    Tony Scarlata

HIRED GUN
    you looking to buy a flat?

Lookin for Liquid
    Hey Larry,
    I used to have a Bitz Runnerbottom. If you have any info on the boat your looking at, post it on here and we can see if we have any info on it. It if is a bare hull, the bottom of the Bitz's need much much work. If you are looking to have a boat built by Bitz, RUN FULL SPEED THE OTHER DIRECTION
    The Abyss was the quickest and fastest BITZ ever made. Keith Rhodes owns it and has a brand new Bitz he is selling.
    Tony Scarlata
    What Tony said!...I honestly dont know if Rick Bitz ever fixed the bottom mold but the belly of the Abyss was pregnant before being built. I was told that the mold had suffered thru a fire in the shop and sagged by Rick himself at Bakersfield.

bubbletop409
    you looking to buy a flat?
    Yes I am, something from a quality proven hull design. Open to any good foundation to build on, thanks, Larry.

bubbletop409
    Hey Larry,
    Tony Scarlata
    Hey Tony
    Was great to meet you also Tony, looking forward to Phoenix. Going to look at a 2002 model tomorrow, dont think it has ever been wet. Will definately take a good look at the bottom. Did you ever get any more info on that one we talked about?

HIRED GUN
    check your pm's

PLASTIC MAN
    WE CAN MAKE A NEW TR-4 FOR $9500.00 BALSA FLOORS.
    WHITE OR BLACK. ADD $300.00 FOR A COLOR.
    MITCH 714-630-1370
    STEVE 714-313-9956
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ole_007_2_.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ole_005_2_.jpg

suckerpunch
    Dan and Tony set up a Bitz flat some years ago, and as always, Dans boats allways haul the mail. With Tony driving it, I believe it was a handfull. They can answer that. I have only set up One Bitz runner, and it had a beautiful bottom job by Hitech. I think Rick does a decent job, but they all need something done to them. Tony had a bad ass bitz hull called Not Too Bad #526 in his early days, and Dan had and would probably still be one of the quickest runners around, called Liquid Fever. If you wanted a Bitz, I can get you one. I have spoken to Rick about the Runners and the small 502 hydros recently for some winter projects. I will be traveling to see him. Call if you want a new hull. Felkins has nice boats, and somebody down south has really nice loking hulls. 3d? i'm not sure who is laying them up. Just have patience, because no one is getting rich in the drag boat business.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast