Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What trim level do HTM owners use on turns?

BOZZ
    Question for HTM owners:
    What trim level do you use on turns?

andy01

6 Dollar Boat
    That's funny.......:jawdrop:

ClownRoyal
    as high as possible without washing out to maintain your rev-limit RPM. Then as you get the boat straightened out gradually lower the trim while still maintaining said RPM. Watchout for the boat outside of you on the turn as they tend to come in and sqeeze your line.

BOZZ
    thanks... I was adviced to trim all the way down and gradually trim up, but it feels like I am going to roll.

Wmc
    I use to get all kinds of trim(my wife) when i was in my HTM. So my trim level must of been high

tbanzer
    I run neutral or higher trim and if possible its alot of fun to accelerate through a tight low speed turn . Trimmed down to much will cause the hull to bow steer and roll to the outside of the turn.

riverroyal
    thanks... I was adviced to trim all the way down and gradually trim up, but it feels like I am going to roll.
    this isnt real is it?

JMC
    Question for HTM owners:
    What trim level do you use on turns?
    Leave it a little above neutral when turning slow and at speed. If you tuck the drive it will put all the leverage on the very front of the sponsons and it will bow hunt and feel tippy. There is not much sponson length with the HTM's when you consider the angle of the front and the rear hull steps. The only time to tuck your drive is driving slow trying to stay on plane or coming out of the hole. Don't listen to some of the guys here. Most of them have never actually driven a boat, they just hang on to the steering wheel.

Bad Puddy Tat
    Leave it a little above neutral when turning slow and at speed. If you tuck the drive it will put all the leverage on the very front of the sponsons and it will bow hunt and feel tippy. There is not much sponson length with the HTM's when you consider the angle of the front and the rear hull steps. The only time to tuck your drive is driving slow trying to stay on plane or coming out of the hole. Don't listen to some of the guys here. Most of them have never actually driven a boat, they just hang on to the steering wheel.
    Jmc pretty much hit it right on the head. When I had my ss-24 If i was below 40 ( not aired out) I would set my trim for a turn at just below neutral. If I was aired out I would leave it just above. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast