Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: hot boat the magazine

GAWnCA
    Just a thought to ponder. IF everyone had this attitude and boycotted the mag just because it wasn't always to his liking then do you think for one minute that the owner of this website would spend one dollar to keep it up and running? If the bitching gets too intense and the subscritions do go down enough then I see this place getting shut down with the owners hoping that an action such as that will bring back subscribers that used to read the mag instead of just taking advantage of a free website. If there are not enough subscriptions the advertisers will go elsewhere to promote their product.
    Just consider the subscription price as half for the mag and half for the benefits the website brings. All this discontent instead of helpful critisizm is going to do more damage than good.
    JMHO,
    Rio
    Simple solution - POOL our money and build our own web site. Domain name $8.00 a year, Web Hosting, GoDaddy, $50.00 a year, volunteers to set up and run the web site - PRICELESS! Now do you really think this is the only solution, Hot Boat, for a forum in the WORLD WIDE WEB. Yo can even run PHP on GoDaddy as they are all set up for Pearl programming. I don't think $15.00 X however may subscribers is reasonable
    I might take a while to get things rolling but it's no big deal.
    As for boycotting a magazine... Hell if it's not covering the topics you expect, do you keep paying for it even though you never crack the cover. I don't call that boycotting when it something you can't use. IF they don't listen to those who are subscribing and only listen to the advertisers, then all they are interested in is the advertising dollar and not the reader, who, without there would be no need for a magazine. DAMN sounds just like those jerks in Washington D.C.

Cas
    Close down the forums and we'll have to build our own website. How about JustJets.biz
    And its available.
    there's already Just Jet Boats (http://www.justjetboats.com/forum/index.php) in place.
    There's also 10 others, that I know of, that are Jet Boat related and I'm sure there are more.

jetboat
    who owns this web suite if not larry flint?the other item abut this suite is how the tech.questions are answered,even with pics!.finally when parts are for sale or needed,they cross the highways some times before payment,and the trust and your word systenm gos out.havent been burned once on items bought.the magazine cant do that!

GAWnCA
    who owns this web suite if not larry flint?the other item abut this suite is how the tech.questions are answered,even with pics!.finally when parts are for sale or needed,they cross the highways some times before payment,and the trust and your word systenm gos out.havent been burned once on items bought.the magazine cant do that!
    Nor will any of these big companies do business that way.

v-drive
    This isn't funny. I just signed up july directly through them and had to end up asking for my first issue. so 3 weeks into September I get my October. it's the 2nd of october so should I start writing for my November issue?v-drive

moneysucker
    Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. As I recal this website is paid for by Hot Boat Magazine so in effect themagazine does do a lot for us small boaters. Possibly now because LFP no longer owns the publication Wal Mart and other retailers who previously would not cary the magazine because of moral reasons will now carry it and widen the intrest in the hoby we all love. Insurance is another major reason that jets and v drives are a dying breed. I had an oportunity to purchase molds and had to decline due to the fact that you simply cannot sell a complete boat without opening up to all sorts of liability and rigging and parts mark up is where a lot of the proffit is in these boats. Without insurance, these boats cannot be financed and not too many people have the cash to buy a boat in a lump sum. I appreciate the magazine. It has come a long way recently by adding the bck section. Count yourself lucky. I do not have the time to read a whole lot anymore since I am not flying as much so when my mag shows up, I read jet tech, read the back few pages and throw it on the table or hold on to it if someone I knows boat is in there so I can give it to them. Boycot the magazine. I bet they will miss your 5 subscriptions. Winter is coming and you will appreciate it while inside from shoveling snow. Have a great day.
    CY

When I Posted A Thread A Week Or So Ago(where's The Jet Tech Section) I Mentioned. I Wanted To Thank Who Ever Was Responsible For The Whole Forum Deal. I Wondered If It Was Hot Boat Mag Or Not Sounds Like It Is?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345