Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: hot boat the magazine

GAWnCA
    Where did you hide it? :devil:

IMPATIENT 1
    Where did you hide it? :devil:
    just jets, i don't think the mods would like me posting it on all the forums. that's why it won't do much other than be interesting to those of us who care there's a huge demand for it, but it'd take someone in the biz with alittle balls to make it ever happen.he'd be the redheaded stepchild in the company the 1st 2-3months of the mag, then president of the company when it took off,lol.

GAWnCA
    Add it to the "V" drive area too.

mouzer
    Get a subscription to dragboat review
    Remember the old LIQUID QUARTER MILE mags...i have a stack!

I Agree With Cas And Others Who Have Said These Forums Are More Informative Than The Mag(especially Now) Cas How Did You Know Where I BoaT There Are 99 Roll Bar Boats To Every 1 "real" Boat. Haha.:

The mag definitly inst what it was even a few years ago... but back then i think most of the interesting stuff i would look at were articles mike wrote and i think all that stuff was work he was doing on his own boat... I would like to see ***boat at least have more of a section for us small jet/vdrive guys. I'm tired of seeing all these boats with a toilet.. I have a toilet on all sides of me, wtf do i need one on my boat for...

steelcomp
    If you don't like what's on TV, don't complain about the program, change the channel. Better yet, turn it off.
    Magazines are for profit only. They're going to print what makes them money. What vendors in our boating community can spend the kind of advertizing money that, say, Fountain can spend? Nordic? Laveycraft? Howard? Ultra? Eliminator? Advantage? DCB? Carrerra? Aftershock? HTM? Powerplay? (All big boat companies) How about mfgr's like LIghtning, IMCO, Mercury, Teague? Eddie? Rex?
    See my point? All these companies are BIG boat related...and there's a bunch of them...and that's where the BIG money is. All our small boating masses and the companies that support them don't add up to squat, Unfortunately.
    It dosen't take too many $250K boats to out-number a whole lot of $3K-$5K boats.
    My thought is, if you don't like Hot Boat, don't read it. They did a feature on my boat a few years ago, and didn't even spell my name right. That was the last issue I ever bought. I think what little attention they give to our boating level is patronizing at best.

Cas
    I Agree With Cas And Others Who Have Said These Forums Are More Informative Than The Mag(especially Now) Cas How Did You Know Where I BoaT There Are 99 Roll Bar Boats To Every 1 "real" Boat. Haha.:
    Every so often this topic comes up starting about 6 years ago or so. A few of us looked into starting our own hot rod boat magazine at that time and the hurdles were quite large....mostly financial. Back then, a friend of mine was the CEO of a Northern CA publication who was willing and able to put something together for a carn good price.
    The only problem was he needed a guarantee that 30,000 would sell of the first run. I wasn't about to guarantee but about 40 at the time
    What was great about the old Hot Boats, late 70's early 80's, were the articles by the likes of Jack Sea, Jeff Bennett and Joe Mondello. Many of the people with these old jet boats have never even heard of them but they were "the guys". There was also a section called "On the Holding Rope" which was all about tips for beginning racers.
    All it is now is a distant memory.

GAWnCA
    Yup and 98 of them Roll Bar Boats are for sale on Chraigslist or Ebay... They either sell their toys or loose their homes.

If you don't like what's on TV, don't complain about the program, change the channel. Better yet, turn it off.
    Magazines are for profit only. They're going to print what makes them money. What vendors in our boating community can spend the kind of advertizing money that, say, Fountain can spend? Nordic? Laveycraft? Howard? Ultra? Eliminator? Advantage? DCB? Carrerra? Aftershock? HTM? Powerplay? (All big boat companies) How about mfgr's like LIghtning, IMCO, Mercury, Teague? Eddie? Rex?
    See my point? All these companies are BIG boat related...and there's a bunch of them...and that's where the BIG money is. All our small boating masses and the companies that support them don't add up to squat, Unfortunately.
    It dosen't take too many $250K boats to out-number a whole lot of $3K-$5K boats.
    My thought is, if you don't like Hot Boat, don't read it. They did a feature on my boat a few years ago, and didn't even spell my name right. That was the last issue I ever bought. I think what little attention they give to our boating level is patronizing at best.
    "See my point? All these companies are BIG boat related"
    Didn't matter when over half of those companies were SMALL boat related, the magazines always go where the money is. Back in the day when the cruisers started to hit the scene, there was just as much screaming and yelling about the price of boats inching towards 15 K. People liked being able to go to their favorite builder (insert whatever name you like) and plopping down their hard earned 7K and and getting an 18 foot custom built jet boat.
    What's really funny is when the magazines, not many left now days, hand out their 'Awards' for best gel, best rigging, best interior and so on. THAT is based purely on dollars, like everything else and has very little, if anything, to the actual product.
    At one time I think there was a market for magazine geared for the type of boater found in this forum, but that window's shut long ago. What's the point of it? Every single day this forum, and others like it, offers more than a monthly magazine could ever offer. Better insight, better input from racers, better stories, better trial an error info, better how to's...the list in endless and it's instant. Lot's of bullsheet to weed through for sure, but we've all become, whether we know it or not, good editors and can in an instant know who's post's to avoid and who's to read. At least that's the way I do it.
    The mags are dead ducks, they just don't know it yet.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast