Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dragboat specific mag poll !?!?1?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    WOW something with hot boats at 21 ft and under is more to my like'n v-drive/jets lake and river racers.drags/k's and SS...old and new /before and after restos,/home projects.and my favorite classifieds section,wife and girl friend bikini shoots.NO OFFSHORE boat ADDS w/ugly girls.:jawdrop:
    I'm trying to be lenient.

steelcomp
    112 views on this thread, and only 18 votes. That says something.

squirt'nmyload
    i'm in

Ralph Brunt
    i would subscribe, but would like to see some roundy round stuff

IMPATIENT 1
    i would subscribe, but would like to see some roundy round stuff
    sure, that kinda boat is still what most of us(i think?) are wanting to see. boat's like dossanger's v-drive, or race boats like cyclone's or cs19's.ya know the stuff we can actually afford to build someday, not the "when i hit the lotto" stuff.there's tons of beautiful mag lay out worthy boats just on this site, it'd keep a mag busy for yrs. covering ***boats.com boats!

ck7684
    I'd like to see a mag that shows "hotrod" type boats as well as drag boats. Something along the lines of a marine version of PHR, Hot Rod, etc etc I think this would be great...I probly wouldnt subscribe or buy something that was incredibly specific like the circle track racing typ magazines. Should still cover some events and racing topics though

Sangster
    This would be cool if it caught the eye of someone like...Oh, I don't know..Maybe say.... Brett Bayne aka "***boat".... It would be a WIN,WIN deal for sure..........

TIMINATOR
    It was kicked around at ***boat, split the mag, one for the 23/24 ft and over crowd that don't work on or modify their stuff, and one for the enthusiasts that have the jets/v-drives, and wackers, and work on their own stuff and are constantly modifying it. Category 1 boats= new boat sales,new drive sales,the latest accessorys to be included in the purchase price(and financed)=advertising dollars=pays the magazines bills and generate profit. Catagory 2 boats=used boats(usually out of production for many years,so no ad dollars),modifications occur at the rate that the owner can afford,most engine mod parts are sold by Summit/Jegs/internet store/craig's list/E-bay and these sources don't advertise in ***boat either=no ad dollars.
    Many questions on these boards have been addressed in ***boat, the magazine, many times. From most of my contacts on here and by phone, I have determined that few of you actually buy the magazine, you get your info here,free. Sometimes the info here is good, sometimes not, but most importantly since few of you catagory 2 boaters are even paying for THIS Mag, why would anyone want to start a new Mag with an even smaller Ad base?
    Once everyone has a droop,inducer,and rebuilt pump, who is there left to buy anything else? The supply of good,inexpensive,buildable boats is drying up, as are those of us who build and modify them because we like to, and either know how or are willing to learn. Like it or not, the catagory 1 boaters and advertisers are supporting the rest of you, AND this board, but for how long? TIMINATOR

02 Warhawk
    I vote yes and we have 100 + from MHB that would vote yes also!

moneysucker
    I don't know how many times we have to go through this. I buy Hot Boat magazine and unfortunately, I am one of the ones too like almost all the type 2 boaters own a boat that has not been in production since 1981. I buy most of my parts from Bad Habit Racing, PPE, Rex, or Eddie that are boat exclusive but the majority of my money goes to Summit, Gorr fuel systems and good vibrations racing. E-bay, craigs list, and racing junk do not need to advertise in a magazine that their main client base is too cheap to buy. We are so lucky that Hot boat has broadened their spectrum to include our style of boats in our own little back section and to have the v-drive and jet tech sections as well as covering some of the events and the races. We make fun of the person who doesn't know how to change his own oil in his boat and takes his new car to the dealer for service when we have a "guy". Our guy is the cheaper alternative to the dealer. How many of you are the first owner of your hull or for that matter headers? Buy Hot boat magazine. Support their advertizers. Dragboat Review is a great publication as well but even though I am in it and want to see the racing results and articles, I really enjoy the ones in the back of hot boat better. I like to see the rigging and the workmanship and the time the owner put into the boat. Just my opinion.
    Cy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast