Thread: why we double bolt........

widowmaker

victorfb
    or you use high tack on one side.
    that does suck though. did it atleast blow on the side so it sprayed the guy next to him?

Mr. Crusader 83

widowmaker
    or you use high tack on one side.
    that does suck though. did it atleast blow on the side so it sprayed the guy next to him?
    nah, blew on top.....

FOURQ
    I have never had that problem.... did ya have a few or A loose bolt to help with this? i use anti-seize on all my pump gaskets to help keep them from getting brittle but never had this happen .. IMO double bolting is only needed in a high HP situation (1500+) to keep the pump together with the high section and bowl pressures.

Pops@Aggressor
    I have never had that problem.... did ya have a few or A loose bolt to help with this? i use anti-seize on all my pump gaskets to help keep them from getting brittle but never had this happen .. IMO double bolting is only needed in a high HP situation (1500+) to keep the pump together with the high section and bowl pressures. I will even go further Dont buy the double bolt Program. The Alingment ring on the suction
    with the gasket is enough. If its a consistent problem something else is going on. Seems like the industry and racers are getting away from that the past 5 or so years.
    However we do make double drill in all gaskets for those that fill unsafe without. Its a personal thing I guess. We do as standard, double drill our drives and suctions on the bearing Cap, As a very high percent of our drives end up running Jet Aways or Ratchets, Other then that unless the customer asks for the double drill. "It don't Get it" I guess its another Tommey Tune "It is what it is"